HWinfo64 3.99 - 1455, working from time to time, no other version

edlu

hi,

I guess I have posted before about this issue, I have a HP 2740p multi-touch laptop/tablet, Win 7 Pro.

The only version up to know working is HWinfo64 3.99 - 1455, even that from time to time fails to bring fan speed down.

Other newer versions don't do anything.

Any idea why?

Please explain more precisely what worked and doesn't now. Maybe some screenshots could explain better.

Martin said:
Please explain more precisely what worked and doesn't now. Maybe some screenshots could explain better.

Well, sometime it does nothing. same settings, i.e. 967 Fan RPM for 1st temp, and the rest going up.

I ran with same settings every time. Some time it works to bring the fan's speed down, sometime, it runs but does nothing, the speed is left at over 4000 RPM.

Please attach a screenshot of the sensors window and fan control window.

Martin said:
Please attach a screenshot of the sensors window and fan control window.

see pictures, in this case it is working. But always after sleep state, I have to start the HWinfo again.

wgthyb.png

dfyez7.jpg

That's because when the machine resumes from sleep, the BIOS overrides the fan control settings of HWiNFO.
HWiNFO tries to override it back after resume, but it doesn't seem to work properly all the time. So you need to Apply the settings manually again.
Maybe if you would attach the HWiNFO Debug File from the entire sleep/resume sequence when it doesn't work I could check if there's something I could do...

Martin said:
That's because when the machine resumes from sleep, the BIOS overrides the fan control settings of HWiNFO.
HWiNFO tries to override it back after resume, but it doesn't seem to work properly all the time. So you need to Apply the settings manually again.
Maybe if you would attach the HWiNFO Debug File from the entire sleep/resume sequence when it doesn't work I could check if there's something I could do...

Hi,

even applying setting manual sometime it does nothing. I have it now on debug, but there is no changes. Is there any tracking file somewhere saved so I can send to you? Cause with or without debug I don't see any difference.

Running HWiNFO in Debug Mode will not fix it, but produce a file which I need for analysis. Make sure you run the Debug Mode and capture the situation when it's not working (Stand by - Resume). Please search for the HWiNFO64.DBG file and send it to me.
Also a question - after resume when your profile doesn't work and you open the Fan Control window in HWiNFO, do you see there the original settings (Auto mode), or the settings you have set (in Manual mode) ?

Martin said:
Running HWiNFO in Debug Mode will not fix it, but produce a file which I need for analysis. Make sure you run the Debug Mode and capture the situation when it's not working (Stand by - Resume). Please search for the HWiNFO64.DBG file and send it to me.
Also a question - after resume when your profile doesn't work and you open the Fan Control window in HWiNFO, do you see there the original settings (Auto mode), or the settings you have set (in Manual mode) ?

After resume, usually the speed of fan is very high, then I restart again HWiNFO 64, yes, i see auto mode, but I tried to click on manual mode to set the speed, but sometime it does nothing, actually just happened to me 2 hrs ago. then I sent pc back to sleep mode, and start again, it worked. I have no clue, why it behaves like that.

I have debug file, will send to you.

This is very hard to determine when I don't have direct access to such machine.
Can you make please make 2 screenshots of the sensor window and fan control window:
1. As you have your fan control table configured (I suppose you use your own fan control table settings)
2. After resume when the problem occurs

Back