HWINFO64 7.70 RTSS Reporting 0FPS instead of Greying out

Mythynx

Hello,

Not sure if this is reported, but since upgrading to version 7.70-5350 the FPS value from RTLSS randomly hits 0 whilst playing a game then returns to showing the value. I tested with version 7.68 and the same issue, then I installed 7.62 and noticed it doesn't hit 0FPS but it does grey out even whilst in the middle of playing a game, this is better than it reaching 0FPS randomly when no value is read as that causes issues with the Average FPS.

Not sure what's changed since 7.62 and the later versions to cause this.

I have attached images to show the versioning differences.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• 7.62 Greyed Out.png
    7.62 Greyed Out.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 7.70 0FPS.png
    7.70 0FPS.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 5
0 FPS is now reported when the graphics application doesn't present frames or invalid value is obtained.
Try the PresentMon sensor as alternative.

0 FPS is now reported when the graphics application doesn't present frames or invalid value is obtained.
Try the PresentMon sensor as alternative.
Thank you for that, I have changed over to PresentMon and that's perfect for what I need. CPU usage is a little higher but acceptable (4-6% reported in Task Manager) as I like the Frame Time vs GPU Busy time.

That being said, is there a way to check what application PresentMon is sensing, When I play games it's reporting a 240fps so a process that I'm unsure of is something PresentMon has hooked into which means I can't add it to an exclusion list.

I know I can use -pm_proc_name command line option, but that would need to be updated for every game I play which isn't ideal.

Currently there's no way to display what process is being monitored, it's automatically the one with highest FPS.
I will see how to report this via the sensors window.
Alternatively, if you suspect which process might be hijacking this, you can black-list it via the "-pm_proc_ex=" parameter.

Back