HWINFO64 and Corsair iCue

DirkL

Hello to you all,

I have an Intel 14 core that is cooled by a "Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum". Lately this cooler went a bit "crazy", It read temperatures of +60C so the fans went beserk,
while HWInfo64 reported nice 32C temperatures. Corsair admitted they did have some problems with their RGB controller influencing the temperature sensor. Ok, I was f.ck.ed since I was out of warranty. So I decided the put the lights out on the cooler. This worked for a while, but then the fans started whining again (normally they run about 650 rpm, they got to +1800 rmp).
I decided to make a custom iCue profile that whas linked the packacke temperature. This also worked fine for a while, until the latest HWINFO update. iCue can not read this sensor anymore (or only once, and stays to the readout it got) I went back to the previous version, but still have the same problems. If I use HWINFO64 (installed or portable), iCue will stop reading the sensor and controlling the fans.
I hope you can help me.

Kind regards,
Dirk Lankens

This is a known issue that was discussed dozens of times here. iCUE cannot work together with any other monitoring tool.
If you need iCUE and don't need to see the cooler data in HWiNFO, you can disable the "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" option in HWiNFO.

Martin,
I did search the forum you know, but there was so many.... Thanks for your answer, I didn't have this issue before the latest upgrade and I can still read the core temperatures with "Speccy" (it comes with CCleaner), but it is kind of "limited" if you know what I mean :).
Just now iCue is jumping from 32C to 48C, definitely something wrong with their sensor. Core temperature packacke remains at 31-32C. Man, I do love computers....
Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,
Dirk Lankens

Last edited:
This is most likely because the latest version of HWiNFO added support of Corsair Commander Core. And this device protocol is very prone to conflicts with iCUE.

This is most likely because the latest version of HWiNFO added support of Corsair Commander Core. And this device protocol is very prone to conflicts with iCUE.
I went back to 7.40 and disabled "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" in HWINFO. This did seem to do the trick. Both iCue and HWINFO64 sensors are running together like before
Thank you for your help.

I use HWiNFO64 to add a tray icon to monitor CPU package temp and GPU temp. Recently I went into iCUE to monitor and change the fan curve. I had a custom fan curve for the AIO fans and tried to change it from Custom 1 to Extreme. However, nothing I did seemed to do anything, I could not even change the RGB settings either. Eventually, I thought I would go into device manager and delete 'USB Composite Device' and then clicked 'Scan for hardware changes', this brough the iCUE back to life and I was able to change the fan speed. This is with latest HWiNFO64 version.

I am new to this forum, is this a known issue? I did turn off "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" in HWiNFO settings but this did not fix the issue for me.

If you disabled the "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" option then HWiNFO won't touch the device, so your problem must have been something else.

It seems to be working well with 7.40 version. I just installed 7.40 over the 7.42 installation and kept "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" disabled in HWiNFO settings.

For me it seems like my setup doesn't play well with 7.42 and iCUE.

If it helps my specs are:

Mobo: MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk DDR5
CPU: i7 12700K
Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix 360mm

@Dodgydrains, I have a Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum and it went quite suddenly "beserk" on me. Fans started whining at 1900rpm, cooling fluid temperature was above 45 degrees C, accoring to iCue, while HWInfo reported 32C for the average CPU package. So I shut down the lights on the pump, and it was better for a while. With HWI 7.42 everything started going wrong again, HWINFO worked, but iCue didn't get any reasonable values (it would stick by the 50C during startup, the max) and the fans started again. So I downgraded to 7.40 and disabled "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" as Martin suggested. I turned the lights on the pump back on and iCue stared to get some weird readings again, so I made a custom curve, linked to the CPU package sensor (according to the description it gives a 250ms average off all core temperatures).
This went much better, but you can sometimes be surprised by an high fan RPM if some background process is doing something that requires high CPU. Sometimes I can get the fans to 450rpm with an average core temp of 29-30C when really idle. But not with 7.42, is seems somehow it claims the sensors and iCue gets nothing at all. Right now it's a bit warmer here, so I get 580rmp or so, see attachment.

Attachments

• iCue01.jpg
    iCue01.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Upgrade to the latest HWiNFO Beta version 7.43 which should improve Corsair support. Only Corsair can fix the problem of impossible cooperation of iCUE software with any other monitoring tool, but they are not interested...
If there are still some issues, then disable "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" again in v7.43.

Upgrade to the latest HWiNFO Beta version 7.43 which should improve Corsair support. Only Corsair can fix the problem of impossible cooperation of iCUE software with any other monitoring tool, but they are not interested...
If there are still some issues, then disable "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" again in v7.43.
But they are not interested... why o why doesn't that surprise me? You get better support for free/community software than you can get
from the commercial guys. Like: I have maybe 10 licences for Acronis 2020, 2021, Cyber (whatever). and what do you get: 1 year of support. But if your subscription expires, the bill comes faster that light. Thank you for you're help. I will try your suggestion when I have some time.

Is there a link to the .exe for Beta 7.43?

No, Beta versions are only portable. Just extract the EXE file and copy it over the current installed file.
This worked for me. I can control fan speed and lighting in iCUE with 7.43 with "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" disabled. Not sure why it did not work with 7.42.

Thanks

Back