[SOLVED] iCUE has stopped receiving data from DRAM while working with HWiNFO64 (Sensors-only)

Drakomord

Greetings,

I'm having an issue with my Vengeance DDR5 DRAM in iCUE when HWiNFO64 (8.0.0-5400) is running at the same time.
Lights are struggling/blinking until iCUE lose total control and stop receiving data from DRAM.

icue-error-DRAM.png

First I thought it was my modules so Corsair replaced them but after installing the new modules, the issue was still there. Then I looked deeper and find out that there was an uncompatibility between Corsair iCUE and HWiNFO64.
I've read that by unchecking "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" it could resolve the issues with iCUE but unfortunatly it doesn't work for me.. iCUE is still struggling with DRAM while HWiNFO is running.

hwinfo64_dram_icue_issue.png

For the record, I'm using HWiNFO64 to monitor CPU/GPU temps and load on my StreamDeck with this followed awesome plugin : https://github.com/shayne/hwinfo-streamdeck
I've set up HWiNFO64 as specified in the main plugin page. Here's my actual configuration (screenshot below).

hwinfo64_settings.png

Thanks in advance for your help! (and sorry if my english isn't perfect)

iCUE doesn't work well with any other monitoring software and Corsair is not interested in fixing this and cooperating with others.
There are dozens of similar threads here.

iCUE doesn't work well with any other monitoring software and Corsair is not interested in fixing this and cooperating with others.
There are dozens of similar threads here.
Thanks for the quick answer and you're right it's actually what I've already read in other threads but I had hope that you or someone else had a trick to disable the part who's conflicting with iCUE and causing the issue. Like disabling DRAM monitoring (I don't need it) or anything else in HWiNFO to leave iCUE free to manage it without conflicts? If possible I would like to know how to do it please.

Also, I still have my ticket open with Corsair and I didn't say that I have figured out the cause to let them work on it because they should fix it or at least cooperate with devs like you. We'll see..

I don't think there's some trick. Problem is that iCUE sends RGB commands to DIMMs and HWiNFO accesses them for monitoring. Perhaps disabling monitoring of DIMM sensors in HWiNFO can help but there's no guarantee.

DIMMA2-monitor_off.pngDIMMB2-monitor_off.png

Alright then, I disabled monitoring on the both DIMM controllers from there (see above). Now, I leave it like that and we'll see.
I'll post an update if it helps, for people in the same case as me.

Thanks again for your help and your work on this software.

Hey, I'm back with some (good) news!
I finally got it to work, what I've done in my precedent answer wasn't the solution but after multiple tries by disabling and enabling the monitoring of few sensors by group I found out the culprit sensors.

By disabling monitoring of whatever mentions the "Renesas RAA229131" PWM controller, iCUE seems free of any conflicts about the DRAM. Even with everything else enabled.

gotcha.png

I don't know if it helps but at least if someone else is having the same trouble, here's the solution.
I mark the topic as "SOLVED" and leave it there. And once again, thanks for helping me to find this out!

Cheers!

Back