Hwinfo64 and MSI afterburner v2.3.1 not working.

Jkaotic

I am a windows 8 64bit user.

When i open Hwinfo and set what i want to see in the OSD, GPU temp. and FAN speed just dissapeared from CCC v 13.4, from MSI afterburner and even from Speedfan (it shows temp -999 and RPM 0%).

How can i solve this? I even trried using the Beta version but it did not work.

Thanks.

Martin said:
I'm not sure what exactly is the problem and what you want to achieve, since HWiNFO offers several ways to display sensor values and your post doesn't clearly say it.
If you want to display sensor values from HWiNFO via MSI Afterburner OSD server, you might check this: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Support-of-RTSS-Displaying-HWiNFO32-sensor-values-in-Games

What i want to say is:

i have checked GPU temp and fan from MSI afterburner, to be shown in the OSD.

Then, i use hwinfo to see my CPU cores temp. but when i open hwinfo, the temperature and fan speed information dessapeared from the computer. From the AMD catalyst software, from the MSI afterburner, and even speedfan shows temp -999 and FAN RPM 0%, just a few seconds after i open Hwinfo.

It happens everytime i use it. I would like to know why is this happening, because when GPU temp dessapeared from every program, the Fan speed can not be adjust because it shows 0 temp.

And as i said, it only happens when i use hwinfo full and beta version, 32 and 64 bits.

Do you see the temperature and fan speed information in HWiNFO sensors when it disappears in others ?
I'd also might need the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data for analysis, though I cannot speak for the other programs and why they stop working, since I don't know about their internals.
Also one more question - after you close HWiNFO, do those values appear back in other programs, or is a computer reset required?

Martin said:
Do you see the temperature and fan speed information in HWiNFO sensors when it disappears in others ?
I'd also might need the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data for analysis, though I cannot speak for the other programs and why they stop working, since I don't know about their internals.
Also one more question - after you close HWiNFO, do those values appear back in other programs, or is a computer reset required?

Thanks for your response.

Yes, once the measures dessapeared from the others softwares, i can still see that information on hwinfo BUT, i can se the rpm not increasing even when the temperature is increasing (i guess because the information dissapeared even from the Catalyst control center).

In order to fix this issue, reset is required.

What i would like to do is check GPU, GPU load and fan sped with MSI afterburner (because i have a fan speed profile with it) and CPU cores temp with hwinfo, but i am having the issue i just told you sir.

Thanks for your time.

Try to disable "GPU I2C Support" in the "SMBus / I2C" section of Configure if that maybe fixes it.
If that doesn't help, please enable back the "GPU I2C Support", run HWiNFO in Debug Mode, open sensors, let it run for a while and close HWiNFO. Then please attach here the HWiNFO64.DBG file produced.

Martin said:
Try to disable "GPU I2C Support" in the "SMBus / I2C" section of Configure if that maybe fixes it.
If that doesn't help, please enable back the "GPU I2C Support", run HWiNFO in Debug Mode, open sensors, let it run for a while and close HWiNFO. Then please attach here the HWiNFO64.DBG file produced.

Thank you for your response.

Now its working :) once i dissable "SMBus / 12C" as you told me i open hwinfo and everything runed perfect.

Thank you for your support.

Interesting... probably there's some component on GPU I2C causing troubles when HWiNFO scans it...
Could you please give me more information (the above mentioned Debug File), so I can check and try to fix this for other such systems?

Martin said:
Interesting... probably there's some component on GPU I2C causing troubles when HWiNFO scans it...
Could you please give me more information (the above mentioned Debug File), so I can check and try to fix this for other such systems?

Sure.

Tomorrow i will enable that option again and the run the program with debug mode, and post the log here.

Thanks for your help.

Martin said:

Hello.

I use the debug mode to post the log here, but after i configure the program to run in debug mode it stop working and i have to close it.

What can i do ?

Even if you stop the program, the Debug File should be present. Please attach that one, then I'll also know where it stops to work.

Martin said:
Even if you stop the program, the Debug File should be present. Please attach that one, then I'll also know where it stops to work.

Where can i find the log in the portable version? it wil be the HWiNFO32 that you can open with note pad?

It's in the same folder where HWiNFO is. In case of HWiNFO64, the file is called HWiNFO64.DBG

Back