HWiNFO64 core speed result - is this Xeon faulty?

Hello!

I'm looking into getting a Xeon E5-2698 v4 20cores 2.0GHz ES from eBay (I'm up to speed with the risks of getting engineering samples). The seller has posted a screenshot of a result from HWiNFO64 and I'm not sure if it is showing a normal result or not, would anyone be willing to help me clear this up? 

About half of the cores are shown to be running at half the normal clock speed - 1199MHz/x12 ratio instead of 2299MHz/x23 ratio. Is this a faulty chip, or is it idling and some of the cores have been clocked down to save power? Please see attached screenshot for more info/ also here: https://imgur.com/gallery/yZgY5

Sorry if this is a pretty dumb question - I'm not completely sure how HWiNFO64 works, I just want to be absolutely certain about what's on offer. Any thoughts? Thank you for your help!

This is certainly a case where not all cores are loaded, so they are running at a lower P-State.
The only thing you should watch for is that this is an ES chip (more precisely ES2 phase), but you're certainly aware of this.

Back