HWINFO64 v7.00-4400 results in increased CPU utilization by the system process

水亦漾

HWiNFO v7.00-4400, when used in sensor mode, causes the system process to increase CPU utilization by about 3% , which was not the case in previous releases.

Attachments

• Snipaste_2021-03-11_18-36-52.png
    Snipaste_2021-03-11_18-36-52.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Snipaste_2021-03-11_18-39-59.png
    Snipaste_2021-03-11_18-39-59.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DESKTOP-760GPA2.HTM
    249.6 KB · Views: 3
  • HWiNFO64.DBG.7z
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
Enable the "Profiling Time" column in sensor settings and see which sensor takes most time to read. This might be the DELL EC, disk SMART, or even fan control commands that are used there. Then try to disable monitoring of that sensor (hit Del) over the heading and see which one is causing it.

Enable the "Profiling Time" column in sensor settings and see which sensor takes most time to read. This might be the DELL EC, disk SMART, or even fan control commands that are used there. Then try to disable monitoring of that sensor (hit Del) over the heading and see which one is causing it.
Thanks you, I tried it and found that it was the GPU sensor that caused the problem. When GPU sensors were disabled, the CPU utilization of the system process dropped to 0.2 percent.

This is an interesting observation. Your system has 2 GPUs - integrated and a discrete NVIDIA.
I suppose the issue happens with monitoring of the NVIDIA dGPU, correct?
If yes, can you observe that the GPU is being constantly woken up during monitoring ?

This is an interesting observation. Your system has 2 GPUs - integrated and a discrete NVIDIA.
I suppose the issue happens with monitoring of the NVIDIA dGPU, correct?
If yes, can you observe that the GPU is being constantly woken up during monitoring ?
Yes, this is monitoring Nvidia DGPU is a problem, but I don’t see the GPU being constantly woken up

I can confirm the same issue on 7.00-4400.

My system also has Intel iGPU and NVIDIA dGPU. HWiNFO64 Report File linked here.
During the test, the dGPU is "off".
  • I also see similar elevated "System" thread utilisation
  • But even during seconds where "System" goes down to "almost zero", CPU Package Power stays elevated and Package C8 Residency never goes above 0 (zero)
I can confirm that 7.01-4410 Beta currently fixes this issue.
I opened a thread about this issue in our own forum here.

Back