HWInfo64 v7 not working with MSI Afterburner (Resolved)

TGhost

SOLUTION:

Turn on Shared Memory Support in settings. Default used to be on, starting on V7 default is off.

With V7 installed, I have zero sensors from HWInfo on MSI Afterburner (v4.6.3). Tried reinstalled both, to no avail. Uninstalled HWInfo64 V7 and installed V6.42-4360 and its all back to normal. Attaches is a screenshot of how MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 looks like when looking for HWInfo plugins.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-12 211655.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-12 211655.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Nevermind, found solution: turn on Shared memory support. It's default used to be off. V7 changed default to off. Without this feature turned on other app can't read HWInfo sensors data.

Keep in mind that shared memory support (SHM) will be disabled after straight 12hours of usage. You must enable it again.

- Shared Memory Interface (SHM) in HWiNFO64 (non-Pro) will be run-time limited to 12 hours.

Read the Q & A

Can confirm that. V7 totally messed up my OSD. Cannot monitor my CPU temps and CPU clock speeds with Riva statistic tuner, got blank page in available HWinfo sensors window as shown in screenshot above.
Downgraded it myself to V6.42.

Nevermind, found solution: turn on Shared memory support. It's default used to be off. V7 changed default to off. Without this feature turned on other app can't read HWInfo sensors data.
Can you show me where exactly that Shared memory setting is?

Cannot find it by myself :-(

thanks!

In the main settings. If you're using the Sensor-only mode and don't get the initial dialog, right-click on the HWiNFO icon in notification area (tray) -> Settings.

Back