HWInfo64 Won't Show UI

Hi,

I'm trying to bring up the HWInfo UI to change some settings and log some things, but the icon isn't showing in my system tray, and the window won't come up when I try to open it from the start menu. It's definitely still running because I can see the task and my temps are still updating in my system tray.

Is the icon perhaps hidden behind the arrow in tray to expand additional icons?

Martin said:
Is the icon perhaps hidden behind the arrow in tray to expand additional icons?

I checked everywhere, including expanding the tray. Doesn't even look like there's some sort of "invisible" icon, which was an issue I had when it wasn't updated for a long while; just nothing is there at all.

Is HWiNFO configure for automatic start with Windows?
Which version of HWiNFO do you use?
If you check in Task Manager, do you see HWiNFO running?

Martin said:
Is HWiNFO configure for automatic start with Windows?
Which version of HWiNFO do you use?
If you check in Task Manager, do you see HWiNFO running?

Yes, it's configured for automatic start and minimize to tray. Version 5.82.3410.0 according to the properties in windows, but I'm not sure if that correlates to what HWInfo shows (what I stated is the file version). HWInfo64.exe is running in task manager.

Martin said:
Which GPU do you have, NVIDIA perhaps? There are known various problems with their R397 drivers and tray icons: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Solved-Seemingly-Random-Crashes

Yes, I have a Nvidia graphics card! I first tried to upgrade my graphics driver to the newer version of 397.92 (seeing as the guys in the forum post had slightly older versions), and then ended HWInfo in processes and rebooted it, and that seemed to solve the problem! Thank you again!

Maybe let people know that it's safe to upgrade to 397.92 on that forum post.

Thanks for your feedback, it's useful for other users experiencing similar issues.

Back