I have a couple questions, for my m17x

TbanksIV

I originally downloaded the program to take manual control of my fans, which I believe have not been working correctly.

I clicked on 'Sensors' and it tells me that there is a sensor warning for COMPAL EC

It says reading from this sensor could cause a higher load on my computer.
So what is this sensor, and why is it detrimental to read from? When I close the program, will it cease reading sensors?

Also, what damage could be done by setting fans to near max settings?

Last question, Intel PCH has a rather high temp (80c), is this normal? or should something be done?

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks!

Reading values from the COMPAL EC (and other EC sensors) requires certain resources that might block the system for a short while. Also, on some systems accessing this sensor might cause interactions with other system components which can cause issues (but this depends on several factors).
Yes, when you close HWiNFO, it will no longer read from the sensors.
There should be no damage done to the system when running fans at max, only the fan can wear out sooner (depending on the model).
It's usual that PCHs run at higher temperatures.

For more questions about Alienware Fan Control please see this:
http://forum.techinferno.com/hwinfo32-64-discussion/65-alienware-fan-control.html

TbanksIV said:
I originally downloaded the program to take manual control of my fans, which I believe have not been working correctly.

I clicked on 'Sensors' and it tells me that there is a sensor warning for COMPAL EC

It says reading from this sensor could cause a higher load on my computer.
So what is this sensor, and why is it detrimental to read from? When I close the program, will it cease reading sensors?

Also, what damage could be done by setting fans to near max settings?

Last question, Intel PCH has a rather high temp (80c), is this normal? or should something be done?

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks!

Martin said:
Reading values from the COMPAL EC (and other EC sensors) requires certain resources that might block the system for a short while. Also, on some systems accessing this sensor might cause interactions with other system components which can cause issues (but this depends on several factors).
Yes, when you close HWiNFO, it will no longer read from the sensors.
There should be no damage done to the system when running fans at max, only the fan can wear out sooner (depending on the model).
It's usual that PCHs run at higher temperatures.

For more questions about Alienware Fan Control please see this:
http://forum.techinferno.com/hwinfo32-64-discussion/65-alienware-fan-control.html

Thank you very much for the quick answers. Happy to say that taking manual control of my fans fixed my problem. Can't thank you enough for this software.

Back