I think cpu usage is broken again

Directly from AMD them self.
You can also just set powersaving on desktop as any game will automaticly do high performance power plan anyway atleast those in the list that is.

Well... I prefer also smaller task at normal (so high as the CPU can) clocks. Because half clock still needs exactly double time.
And probably we will also never know the true reason, even AMD has deals as secret.

Last edited:
Perhaps there are times when there is 0 CPU needed.....

20230507192134_1.jpg

as you can see that is not paused.

That isn't all the time, meaning there is some CPU and core usage. Just kinda low to what I have noted previously.

Well i did a bug report, sometimes for some strange reason Microsoft handles my feedback really quickly, like when asking for dark mode for notepad or even the task manager etc, but sometimes they ask more data even tho if given them data.

And what CPU Utility shows HWiNFO?

May I ask: They at all directly connected now since v7.44?
Actually they should not, otherwise I might see already bit more CPU usage more in HWiNFO with always >115% CPU Utility which it not nice. But exactly the same we can never see because of timings and 2 tools etc.

Last edited:
No multiplication or modification is done to CPU Usage.
Can you please also post a similar screenshot with HWiNFO v7.42 ? That was using a patch for CPU Usage to retrieve the idle time using an alternate method.

Can you please also post a similar screenshot with HWiNFO v7.42 ? That was using a patch for CPU Usage to retrieve the idle time using an alternate method.

But I guessed basically the same code as all those others (Process Explorer, System Informer, CoreTemp etc), no?

Here you go, with 7.42..................

Build 7.42 all.jpg

... and now we all totally confused. LOL

Because I only got always 100% CPU usage on 7.42 and nothing else. Same as Task Manager.
Plus now THIS is even more wrong:

Clipboard01.jpg

How ever can be CPU usage less as all cores together??

Last edited:
Hmm, that would indicate v7.42 was correct.
@Israeli-Eagle: you'd have to provide a proof showing that v7.42 "CPU Usage" was wrong and v7.44 is correct.

As long as that information gives you something to work with :)

In the meantime I'm keeping with 7.42 as it seems to work as expected, at least as I would expect.

Hmm, that would indicate v7.42 was correct.
@Israeli-Eagle: you'd have to provide a proof showing that v7.42 "CPU Usage" was wrong and v7.44 is correct.

It's well known, but most probably he never used any extras of the OS (for example VMs etc). And then Task Manager works most often. Tho as I said above already, per Planet Earth math it's IMPOSSIBLE having less CPU Usage while all cores have already more!!
Anyway... And I sent you already some time ago via email. In 7.42 for example I had only always this (without any loads):

image001.jpg

And that's standard often in Task Manager when users use a bit deeper the OS, while all others still display totally correct.

Back