IDE/(S)ATA drive scan (BSOD)

zwarteraaf

With the new version of hwinfo (5.0 now at 5.02-2575) windows crashes (windows 8 and windows 10).

When I press run the you get examining system configuration but at detecting IDE/SCSI windows crashes. I thought one of my drives was the problem so I disconnected them all except my samsung ssd (startup drive with windows) . I again started hwinfo and it starts but after that all my programs lose connection with the Samsung drive and 20 seconds later windows crashes.

Last test was change the settings in the safety tab for ide/(s)ata drive  scan. I changed it from Safe mode in Low-level IO access. Now everything works and no problems.

Is this normal or a error in this version of hwinfo.

PS: intel rapid storage is not installed (removed it for the test)

More info.

Did a other test. I selected debug mode and changed drive scan back to safe mode (see attached dbg file).  Now hwinfo works but when I test it again without debug mode same problems.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    522.3 KB · Views: 1
A BSOD is definitively not normal ;) It might be a bug in storage drivers, but since you changed the settings, that disabled certain queries to storage drivers, so it works for you now.
I would need a DBG file from the crash (BSOD) to see where exactly it crashes.

Martin said:
A BSOD is definitively not normal ;) It might be a bug in storage drivers, but since you changed the settings, that disabled certain queries to storage drivers, so it works for you now.
I would need a DBG file from the crash (BSOD) to see where exactly it crashes.

It's a big problem to get a dbg file from the crash because when I set de option to create the dbg file hwinfo won't crash :(.

Back