Incorrect sensor reading...Core 3 Cn Residency

buddywh

Hey...I'm using a BETA...v6.43-4370.

My system is a B350 motherboard with a Ryzen 7-1700 processor running overclocked and down-cored to 6 cores/12 threads. When I review the C-state residency screens it properly shows the number of cores (0-5) but core 3 is always shown in constant C6 residency status; so C6 is 100%, and C1 as well as C0 constant 0%, min/max/average.

It might just be something to look at in the BETA and is OK in one of the full-release versions. Just letting you know.

C6 means that core is effectively powered off, so this might be due to down-coring.

C6 means that core is effectively powered off, so this might be due to down-coring.
That's what I thought at first except it does (correctly) show only the number of cores possible resulting from the down-coring: cores 0-5 or 6 total (it's an 8 core Ryzen 1700). Also, Core 3 was in constant C6 only for the Core Residency readings; Core Multiplier, Core Clocks, Core Effective clocks (both threads) and others are providing sensible readings which would be illogical if the core were actually in C6, deep sleep.

Back