Incorrect sensor readings when running a different GPU bios

carneb

I have an EVGA RTX 3080 12GB FTW3 GPU and am experimenting running different bioses from other card vendors. At the moment I'm trying an MSI bios because it allows the card to draw more power than the stock bios. I'm finding quite a number of the sensors for voltage and power are giving incorrect readings. I've read that these sensor readings are in different 'memory addresses' (if that's the right term) in different models and this explains the incorrect readings.

Would it be possible for me to somehow tell HWINFO64 that the card is actually an EVGA and not an MSI so that HWINFO64 can read the correct measurements? I'm not sure if this is possible, or even if it would be worth the effort if there is little demand for this feature?

Interested to hear others thoughts?

Others thoughts.
If you are not happy with what you VGA card can do, then push it away at eBay.
The ones toying around with Bios from other cards, they are totally unrelated with electronics, and all their hypothetical issues they are unreasonable.

I'm sorry but detection of card vendor relies on proper VBIOS. There's no other way to detect this and provide correct vendor-specific details if you flash a VBIOS from other vendor. Moreover using VBIOS from a different vendor might cause improper initialization of those vendor-specific features.

Back