Intel IOH

mididoc

i'm still getting stuck with the two IOH temp readings.

in Analog Devices ADT7490
IOH = 58° min and max

in Intel IOH
IOH min = 60° , max = 63°

if i run torture test the first one stays at 58°
while the second on varies from 60° to 63°

so what is the real reading?

thanks for some more info.

:cool:

Have you tried intensive I/O (or PCIe) operations?
We already discussed this and I said that only the board designer (Intel in this case) knows how the sensors are connected in reality.
You previously said that only the value under ADT sensor is correct according to Intel (but your tests don't seem to confirm this), and I said that the straight value read from Intel IOH might be correct as well. The ADT value might be from a diode located near IOH chip and the other value is read directly from IOH's thermal sensor.

Martin said:
Have you tried intensive I/O (or PCIe) operations?
We already discussed this and I said that only the board designer (Intel in this case) knows how the sensors are connected in reality.
You previously said that only the value under ADT sensor is correct according to Intel (but your tests don't seem to confirm this), and I said that the straight value read from Intel IOH might be correct as well. The ADT value might be from a diode located near IOH chip and the other value is read directly from IOH's thermal sensor.

i ran Prime95, the standard test for lots of ram and cpu.
it heats up the system very well.
however the intel ioh sensor went 3° higher and the ADT kept the same.
intel don't give you details. these smart boys in the forum have no meaning.
today the ADT is 55.5° and the intel ioh is 59.5°

it seems that the ADT only changes from the outer temp, say cool or hot day,
but no reaction on load.

the intel ioh reacts on load, but not on outer temp, cool day ~60° , hot day ~60°

:cool:

Back