Is CPU Tctl value is still a Tdie value on Ryzen?

That depends on particular model and Tctl=Tdie only if the CPU doesn't use an offset (Tctl_offset).
If you see in sensors a "CPU (Tctl/Tdie)" value, it means they are same. Otherwise there will be 2 values shown Tctl and Tdie.

Martin said:
That depends on particular model and Tctl=Tdie only if the CPU doesn't use an offset (Tctl_offset).
If you see in sensors a "CPU (Tctl/Tdie)" value, it means they are same. Otherwise there will be 2 values shown Tctl and Tdie.

My cpu is 2700x, motherboard msi x470 m7. In HWINFo (latest release) there indeed two separate values for Tctl/Tdie. I also havn't touched any settings/options in it.
In BIOS cpu vcore set to 1.325 and cpu multi to 41. LLC level 1 shows in HWINFO that those voltages stay the same under load. 
It just feels strange to have 80+ Tctl reading at 1.325 during light workload (about 30% on all cores).

You see Tctl and also Tdie and they show same values? That's strange, can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File ?

Martin said:
You see Tctl and also Tdie and they show same values? That's strange, can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File ?

Sure. It was too large for attachment so i uploaded on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfpFmGVX0Oc9eDw8kT6ZEXiatT4a6kNG/view

Here is the screenshot during Cinebench: https://i.imgur.com/77ZNdtc.png

In the past i used program called realtemp, manually set Tdie there according to 4690k specifications and it was showing 64-66 degrees under load. But here with this new ryzen 2700x i'm a bit uncomfortable with one of the sensors (which you say is the most important one on zen chips) beeing 88 degrees.

I see a 10C difference between Tctl and Tdie , which is correct for 2700X. So your real temperature is 78 C on the screenshot (Tdie).
Ryzen 2xxx series are just hotter and require better cooling.

draked0g said:
Martin said:

Sure. It was too large for attachment so i uploaded on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfpFmGVX0Oc9eDw8kT6ZEXiatT4a6kNG/view

Here is the screenshot during Cinebench: https://i.imgur.com/77ZNdtc.png

In the past i used program called realtemp, manually set Tdie there according to 4690k specifications and it was showing 64-66 degrees under load. But here with this new ryzen 2700x i'm a bit uncomfortable with one of the sensors (which you say is the most important one on zen chips) beeing 88 degrees.

ok i own a 2700x i have a gigabyte x470 hers the thing u need to manully set your soc vcor and your cpu cvore I SEEN 1.525 with the core boost and xfr on TURN that shit off xfr was not easy to foind on the gigybyte x40 aorurs 5 wifi so gl with that it dose an strange auto overclocking to hit that 4.3 ish and is spickes way to high with thous things enabled one fore thing i dont know what board u have mine when u change the ram speed omg the soc votage gose craxy at 3000 mehs and if u r already in the + for voltage it stacks and it dosent tell u unless u look my soc was at like 1.32 or 1.35 idk it was all bad abouted that shit. sorry for bad spelling i ant fixin it lol gl

Hello guys, new here, not new to computers though.

I can only chip in some info on a Ryzen 5 1600X (on an Asus Prime B350M-A), and a dual Epyc 7351 (on a Supermicro H11DSU-iN) , both running Fedora 28 (kernel 4.20 on the Ryzen, and 4.18 on the Epyc).

On the Ryzen, sensors yields:
Code:
[bobx@nova ~]$ sensors
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tdie:         +30.8°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +50.8°C

And on the Epyc:
Code:
[root@boa FILES]# sensors
k10temp-pci-00fb
Tdie:         +51.0°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +51.0°C  

k10temp-pci-00eb
Tdie:         +48.2°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +48.2°C  

k10temp-pci-00db
Tdie:         +47.2°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +47.2°C  

k10temp-pci-00cb
Tdie:         +44.4°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +44.4°C  

i350bb-pci-1100
loc1:         +64.0°C  (high = +120.0°C, crit = +110.0°C)

k10temp-pci-00f3
Tdie:         +48.8°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +48.8°C  

k10temp-pci-00e3
Tdie:         +51.0°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +51.0°C  

k10temp-pci-00d3
Tdie:         +43.5°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +43.5°C  

k10temp-pci-00c3
Tdie:         +51.5°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +51.5°C

Interesting that difference in Tctl vs. Tdie on the Ryzen. Also one thing, I lowered the Ryzen's temp by 20C !!! just by installing an atermarket large air cooler.

The difference between Tctl vs. Tdie depends on presence of a fixed Tctl_offset, which is specific for each CPU model.
Some CPUs have that offset (then Tdie = Tctl - Tctl_offset), some don't (Tdie = Tctl).
HWiNFO uses an universal method to determine Tctl_offset, it doesn't have values hard-coded for each model.

Back