Is it normal for Infinity Fabric Clock to have a different frequency than Memory Controller Clock?

Shuletah

Hi, i have 2666mhz ram with XMP, i decided to overclock it to 3000mhz cuz i was having some performance issues, i opened HWINFO to see if everything was ok and i found out that for some reason Infinity Fabric Clock is always set at 1500, which is exactly half 3000mhz, on the other hand the Memory Controller Clock as it usually always is, just has the number a little bit off.

I am just wondering if it is normal for this numbers to not be exactly the same, i haven't had any issues

Thanks in advance.
1629617399336.png

3000 MHz DDR clock is the effective data transfer rate, real (command) clock is 1500 MHz.

3000 MHz DDR clock is the effective data transfer rate, real (command) clock is 1500 MHz.
I know that, and thanks so much for your response, but what i was asking is if it's normal for Infinity Fabric Clock (1500.0Mhz) to have a different frequency than Memory Controller Clock (1496.6Mhz)

Thanks in adavance again.

Yes, that's normal. The Memory Controller Clock in this case is derived from BCLK and this cannot be precisely measured so small differences are normal.

Back