Is there a way to change FAN Units in % instead of RPM ?

Hey,

Is there a way to change FAN Units in % instead of RPM ?

See my screenshot below & look at CPU readings in purple, i want those in % so i can save a bit space when everything is displaying in OSD.

Compare it with GPU, there for some reason it shows in %, in fact i can choose, RPM or %, i already checked if i can change the unit but it won't let me.

(hwinfo64 5.4.2)

http://imgur.com/a/8k0KB

If anyone can help me plz ...

Thank you and happy end of year times.

You could do that if you know the maximum speed your fan is capable of. Then use that to adjust the value shown using the "Customize values / Multiply" options.
i.e. if your fan maximum speed is 5000 RPM, use (1/5000 * 100) = 0.02 as the "Multiply" factor.

Martin said:
You could do that if you know the maximum speed your fan is capable of. Then use that to adjust the value shown using the "Customize values / Multiply" options.
i.e. if your fan maximum speed is 5000 RPM, use (1/5000 * 100) = 0.02 as the "Multiply" factor.

fan 1 MAX 1650 RPM
fan 2 MAX 4750 RPM
fan 3 MAX 2700 RPM

but wich values do i where?

at customize values :

multiply  ???
Add ???         Set

Yes, at "Customize values" set the respective "Multiply" value:
Fan1: 0.0606
Fan2: 0.02105
Fan3: 0.03704
Then you can also change the unit from "RPM" to "%".

Martin said:

Ok, thank you very much that seems to do the trick ;)

mike69vandoorne said:
Martin said:

Ok, thank you very much that seems to do the trick ;)

Hey i got a quick question :

Does HW info read temeratures below 0 °C ? for some reason it won't go below 0.1 °C and instead of showing the result in black it shows the result in Grey.

thx

Yes, but by default this is not enabled. You will need to activate the "Accept negative temperatures (for sub-zero cooling)" option in sensor settings.

Martin said:
Yes, but by default this is not enabled. You will need to activate the "Accept negative temperatures (for sub-zero cooling)" option in sensor settings.

i already did set this option but it keeps just grey out the result and stays at 0.1 °C

any other ways to fix it?

thx

That sensor is not capable of reading sub-zero temperatures. It just reads 0 and that means an invalid value.

1) Central % -> rpm is not always possible since not all fans are commercially available pulse tachosensor. In some schemes the number of revolutions control rotation speed estimation is performed based on approximately sufficiently equivalent average voltage applied to the motor and in such cases the assessment of the number of revolutions of the motor control chip to produce an error of about 10% -15%.

2) Temperature measurement with small gradations means of semiconductor sensors is difficult due to the small scale of the linear portion of their current-temperature characteristic on the one hand, and the limited capacity of the measuring ADC on the other. It is not possible to measure the temperature with a small step of the measuring scale, so it is usually the measurement step is 0.1 - 0.2 degrees Celsius.

Back