Jingsha x99 Dual: System Freezes upon activating Sensors

255h

Hello.
After fresh windows install found the problem. (moved windows to new NVME) .
System Freezes upon activating Sensors. (Particulary seems to be LM75 ).
Worked fine on previous system installation.
No other problems detected.

Tryed: disabling PCH device/reflashing bios.
Still no luck.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Not sure if done correct, but still freezes.
(Just untucked SMBus support option).

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 6
Looks like there's some issue when accessing the PCH Thermal Device.
Does the BIOS offer some option to disable this device or change some settings?

Changing 3 settings at once seems to help:
PCH mode: continuous -> quiet
State after G3: -> Last state
PCH Thermal device device: enabled -> disabled (tried this option alone before = not worked ).

Will play with this options a bit more. Not sure which one helped.
Any idea on if its software or hardware problem?

I'm not sure why exactly the problem happens, all I can see is that it occurs when HWiNFO attempts to read temperature from the PCH Thermal Device registers.
Maybe a BIOS update might fix this issue.

Let us know if you find a solution. Perhaps I could add some workaround for this system...

Let us know if you find a solution. Perhaps I could add some workaround for this system...

Hello, I also have a Jingsha X99 Dual and the only change I had to do to not crash when reading sensors in HWiNFO64 was to change the PCH Mode from it's default value "Continuous" to "Quiet".

I have some odd temperature readings but I believe it's a common issue for this Chinese motherboards, I will ask the manufacturer.

1599843289935.png

Is there anything I can do to help find the issue about the PCH thermal device crash when in "Continuous" mode?
I was reading the following Intel document but not sure what could be the probable cause: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w...es-chipset-on-package-pch-datasheet-vol-1.pdf

That's an interesting observation!
You might try to attach two HWiNFO Debug Files - one in Quit and other one in Continuous mode with crash. I could then check the details if I can see some difference that would allow me to determine a workaround.

Those odd sensor values are because this board requires sensor adjustments, but as long as I don't have reference values it's almost impossible.

That's an interesting observation!
You might try to attach two HWiNFO Debug Files - one in Quit and other one in Continuous mode with crash. I could then check the details if I can see some difference that would allow me to determine a workaround.

Those odd sensor values are because this board requires sensor adjustments, but as long as I don't have reference values it's almost impossible.

I have no idea what is going on now, I switched back to "Continuous" mode and it's not crashing anymore, even after a full shutdown when changing the BIOS settings.
I will try a full BIOS reset later to see if it crashes.

Also I forgot to mention I'm getting the "PCH Temperature" fine.
1599854184199.png

I have asked the manufacturer to provide me with the sensor adjustment reference values, I will let you know if I have an answer.

Back