Kingston memory not flagged as ECC?

Hugga

Hi

I just bought an ASRock E3V5 WS motherboard with Xeon CPU and Kingston KVR21E15D8/8 memory

This combination was purchased for supporting ECC memory.

But HWiNFO v5.42-3050 is showing the memory ECC support (under System Summary's Memory Modules section) as "no".

I'm not sure what HWiNFO is telling me; that ECC is not supported by the module (which it actually does and so I think is a bug), or if ECC is not current enabled for the module (again, not sure why this would be the case).

I hope someone can help, and I am happy to assist with further info if this might be a bug.

Attachments

• Kingston.png
    Kingston.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
It's most probably a bug in HWiNFO.
Please attach the HWiNFO Report File and Debug File, so I can check all details and give you a statement.

Martin said:
It's most probably a bug in HWiNFO.
Please attach the HWiNFO Report File and Debug File, so I can check all details and give you a statement.

I'm new to HWiNFO, but I hope I have created the files you require correctly.
Thanks for the fast response.  Beautiful program BTW :)

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFOLogfile.HTM
    124 KB · Views: 1
You have attached the right files, thank you.
I can confirm that this is a bug in HWiNFO, your modules are ECC-capable. This will be fixed in the next HWiNFO build.

Martin said:
You have attached the right files, thank you.
I can confirm that this is a bug in HWiNFO, your modules are ECC-capable. This will be fixed in the next HWiNFO build.

Glad to have helped! I look forward to the next release and I'll test again.

Martin said:
This problem should be resolved in version 5.43-3065 Beta just released.

Thank you Martin.  My machine is now in production, so I'm unable to test with the Beta (site policy), but I am sure it is fine and will report back if I find a problem with the official release which I will install at a later date when released.

Back