Laniakea 1.0 - Gadgets for HWiNFO

TheBlackFlame

Introduction​

I've been using HWiNFO together with Rainmeter and Modern Gadgets for a few years. As Modern Gadgets is no longer being maintained and Martin kindly opened the documentation for the shared memory interface, I started thinking about developing my own version of a system monitor. This is what i came up with. Initial development started at the end of August 2022 and finished at the end of January 2023. As coding is purely a hobby for me, this took a rather large amount of my spare time. It was a lot of fun though.

Just as a sidenote: You may or may know my other tool NetMeter which has been around since 2002 or 2003 (not sure anymore)

Gadgets​

• Clock (works without HWiNFO)
  • CPU
  • GPU
  • Drives
  • Network (works without HWiNFO)

Features​

• All windows can be resized freely while contained elements will scale automatically
  • No initial configuration necessary
  • All colors are customizable
  • All gadgets except the clock can be extended (at the bottom) with additional sensor information from HWiNFO

Requirements​

• Shared memory support needs to be enabled in HWiNFO

Notes​

• As I wanted to keep initial configuration effort at a minimum for the user, certain things are hard coded. For example: Core and thread numbers are read from the sensor description strings. This of course results in less flexibility than you would have in Rainmeter.
  • One goal was to keep the gadgets as symmetrical as possible. Also I like grids and gradients, so there's a lot of grids and gradients...
  • I've obsessed way to long over the colors.

Download​

http://metal-machine.de/readerror/

Screenshots​

CPU.png

CPU 2.png

CPU 3.png

GPU.png
Drives.png
Clock.png

Network.png

Works very good in Windows 11 with AMD 5600x and intel i3 10300... <3
but on the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D I get errors and crashes