Latest manufactured nzxt kraken not recognized (rewrite)

monggo1404

I use a translator.
I'm using a kraken x63 manufactured in June.
This is not recognized by hwinfo.
My old Kraken x52 works fine.
The nzxt cam closes and I also replaced the USB cable, same symptoms.
But the nzxt cam recognizes the kraken x63 well.
After searching in the community, it seems that the problem has recently occurred on x53, x63, x73.
Can you solve it?
(Cannot upload because the debug file size is large and compressed and attached)

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG.zip
    354.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 화면 캡처 2022-09-07 213547.png
    화면 캡처 2022-09-07 213547.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
This is a new device most probably using a new protocol which we don't have information about yet.

Hello @Martin,
I also have this new NZXT Kraken X63 AIO cooler, which is not recognised by HWiNFO64 7.32-4900 (at the time of writing).
I understand that this device is probably using a new protocol, but is there anything I can do to help you decypher it so you can add support in HWiNFO?
Thank you & best regards

I could try to use the existing protocol on this device, but no idea if that will work here.
Let me know if you're willing to make such test and I will provide a special test version.

Tested! HWiNFO now recognises NZXT Kraken X63, nice work :)
I've noticed a small visual bug though, with the "Current" which seems to have a black background. The data is correct, and it becomes visible if highlighted.
It's also happening after system restart. I've tried to find a correlation what's causing it, but haven't found any.
1668289474157.png

Tried to replicate the visual bug on stable, official version 7.32-4900 (both the Installed and the Portable version), and there it's not happening.

Thanks for the good news about the new X63 model.
The visual bug is due to a new feature I'm currently working on - highlighting of changing values. I provided you an intermediate build that didn't have this working properly in some cases yet.
Disabling "Highlight changing values" option in sensor settings should fix this. The next build of HWiNFO is expected to fix that dark background too.

Last edited:
No worries - the pleasure is mine! I suspected that the visual bug is not related the X63 support - but I wanted to make sure I report my full experience, in case it's somehow relevant.
I'm looking forward to the next official build of HWiNFO :) I've never experienced such a fast response and fix from any software author! :) Kudos @Martin!

Hi, I just installed stable 7.34 and my Kraken X63 is still not showing :oops: Is there anything I can do to fix / document?
In the Motherboard section I can see CPU fan and AIO pump speeds, but that is all.
System is Windows 10 Pro v22H2, CPU Intel i9-10900KF, MB ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII APEX.
Many thanks in advance for any assistance!
Kind regards Svend W

Hi, I just installed stable 7.34 and my Kraken X63 is still not showing :oops: Is there anything I can do to fix / document?
In the Motherboard section I can see CPU fan and AIO pump speeds, but that is all.
System is Windows 10 Pro v22H2, CPU Intel i9-10900KF, MB ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII APEX.
Many thanks in advance for any assistance!
Kind regards Svend W

Are you perhaps running the CAM software too? If yes, try to start HWiNFO before CAM.
If that won't help, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data.

Thanks, Martin, starting HWiNFO and the CAM resolved it :) I see the data is shown grey in the sensor list most of the time, occasionally shown in black. Has that something to do with update frequency? Also, as a confirmation, this is shown in CAM: 1670675368094.png

Many thanks for your support, I switched out all other hardware monitoring utilities after I installed HWiNFO...
Kind regards Svend W

That's because CAM doesn't like it when any other application tries to access the cooler so it attempts to acquire exclusive access.

Hello!

I've got problem with delays in HWiNFO 7.36 after installing NZXT Kraken X73 (even if I disable autostart for CAM software and do not launch it manually). The issue is when I click on group arrows to the left of the group to fold or unfold it it takes about second or more to complete the action. And the Kraken X73 readings appear greyed out then ordinary black each time the readings from the sensors refresh (which in my case 1 second).

When I disable monitoring of Kraken Liquid temperature and Pump speed it gets back to normal functioning and doesn't introduce delays when I fold or unfold groups.

It is worth to note that when I disable the Kraken sensors in HWiNFO even if I launch CAM software the responsiveness of HWiNFO is perfectly fine.

Is there a way to work around this issue? Thank you in advance.

That looks like either the Kraken is responding very slow or there's another conflict with some other tool accessing it. Are you perhaps running some other tool (besides CAM) accessing the cooler too?

I double checked my tray icons and scrolled down the list of the processes in Task Manager and I haven't seen any other monitoring applications out there. I've got MSI Afterburner up and running as I undervolt my graphics card but for the purity of experiment I closed it as well and I closed the CAM software and tried to activate Kraken group in HWiNFO and it started to lag again. The only solution was to stop monitoring of Kraken items in HWiNFO.

In case you need any kind of information on my side like Windows 11 info/hardware info/list of processess I'd gladly share it with you privately.

Thank you for your great work!

Please also note that my CAM Software while running along with NWiNFO shows that only HWiNFO is trying to communicate with Kraken hardware (when I enable monitoring of Pump rotation and Liquid temperature). In case I run HWiNFO with deactivated sensors for Kraken Pump and Liquid the HWiNFO itself runs smoothly and the CAM Software doesn't say that something is interfering to its work.

Can't check the CAM version but I've downloaded it on February 19, 2023 and it also updates itself on the launch so I believe I've got the latest one.
HWiNFO64 is v.7.36-4960.

Last edited:
Try to uninstall the CAM software. Maybe even if it's not currently running, it might have a background service talking to the cooler.
If that doesn't help, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for a more detailed analysis.

Back