Motherboard Nuvoton header Temp2 reading erratic v7.02-4430

sdmf74

Member
I just bought this Asus Maximus XIII Hero motherboard and an Intel 11900K processor and noticed a strange erratic reading under the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO (Nuvoton NCT6798D)
header & was hoping you could tell me what this temperature is supposed to be reading & why it is acting this way? Its got me a little concerned.

This setup (coming from Kaby Lake) is so new that I have not yet had time to do an overclock on the system yet. It is fully watercooled aside from the GPU as it appeared to have died a couple days ago for some reason so I pulled it from the system for now till I can determine for sure if its a dead GPU & not a bad PCIe slot or something else).

So it is set to all core 41x for now when all cores are active and I just ran a quick 5 minute stability test and noticed that "Temp2" is reading 0c 90% of the time under "current", 0c under "minimum" and 122c under "maximum" temp. The other 10% of the time during the test (which should be a constant number during a stability test) it reads 74c-122c under "current" temps. The motherboard & cpu temps are reading a constant 25c & 30c
so you can see that with the cpu running at 41x the cpu & system is barely breaking a sweat, heck the cpu Vcore is under 1.1 volts.

While idling (no stress test) it displays 0c most of the time under current & minimum temps but shows a maximum of 119c WHILE IDLING ON DESKTOP!
Ocassionally it will flash a quick 60c or so under "current" & just as fast goes right back to 0c where it sits most the time. This apears to be the most up to date version of HWINFO64 so can you please explain whats going on here?
or if you are not aware of this issue, please look into it? see pic...(you can see the temp2 sensor I am referring to highlighted in blue just under the motherboard & cpu sensor)
I have disabled the EC sensor as Im not sure if its OK to have it enabled with Asus Z590 motherboards?

Thanks!1621086523557.png
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
That's most likely an invalid readout from a sensor pin that's not connected on that mainboard model.
 

sdmf74

Member
Also doesnt this seem strange? Some of my cores are reading 0c minimun while others are not, the fact that any of them are reading 0c minimum is odd since that would mean thats its about 30 degrees farenheight in my room?
 

Attachments

  • CORES READING 0C MINIMUM.jpg
    CORES READING 0C MINIMUM.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 7

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
In many cases when the sensor input is not connected it will read 0 or out of range, but in other cases when the pin is floating or shared with some other function it can provide "in -range" values. HWiNFO uses several methods to determine such invalid cases and filter them out, but that doesn't work always and it's not possible to universally detect this.

Core temperature of 0 C seems to be a new bug present on Rocket Lake CPUs. It has been observed multiple times and should be fixed by Intel.
 

sdmf74

Member
In many cases when the sensor input is not connected it will read 0 or out of range, but in other cases when the pin is floating or shared with some other function it can provide "in -range" values. HWiNFO uses several methods to determine such invalid cases and filter them out, but that doesn't work always and it's not possible to universally detect this.

Core temperature of 0 C seems to be a new bug present on Rocket Lake CPUs. It has been observed multiple times and should be fixed by Intel.
OK thank you for the info! Just wanted to make you aware also just in case
 
Top