MS WIN SBS 2008 STD

skywave

When I select run HWinfo32 on the above mentioned server the program initiates and runs a bit - but when reaching approximately the middle of the progress bar and says checking motherboard - it stops/freezes.
After a while it becomes non-responsive and I have to close it.
I did select debugging but I guess there is no report? If so - in which folder do I find it?

found out----zip format - haha - here it is.
Also the server MOBO is INTEL S3210SH

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.zip
    136.1 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the report and data submitted.
This board behaves a bit strange and returns invalid devices on PCI Bus.
Can you please try to enable the "Low-level PCI Access" option in HWiNFO32/Configure if that helps? Please let me know about the results.

Thanks Martin,
That did the trick :D
What do you think could stop the process if I don't select the low-level option..?
And will I not get the full info from the MOBO when low-level access is selected?
Very nice program btw - I've been looking for such for a long time - and just came by it today after bing'ing...

By default the PCI device scan is performed using a kernel-mode call provided by the system and this returned invalid data for your machine which caused HWiNFO32 to malfunction. By using the low-level PCI scan, HWiNFO32 does that using its own I/O functions and this seem to work here. I don't expect that using this function you can get more information, it's just a different approach where by default compatibility is preferred.

skywave said:
Thanks Martin,
That did the trick :D
What do you think could stop the process if I don't select the low-level option..?
And will I not get the full info from the MOBO when low-level access is selected?
Very nice program btw - I've been looking for such for a long time - and just came by it today after bing'ing...

Back