My motherboards power reporting deviation problem

d0masgameLT

when its on load it goes from 80% to 140% under load so i guess thats bad and my cpu heat sensor died on the bios it shows -55 Celcius how do i fix it? 1661586093089.png1661586150191.png
I have a hyper 412 full fan speed and a ryzen 5 3600 i don't thik it should surpass 70 Celcius

Last edited:
I have the same CPU.

Its not all that bad really. Do you run these kind of burn tests all day?
Your PRD reading is about 82% under full load.

Your CPU is max its PPT, at around 95W (78/0.82=95).
Its default figure is 88W so its not too far off and cant really hurt the CPU. Max operating temp for Ryzen 3000 is 95°C.

You can try to update the board's BIOS to the latest and also enable "Snapshot CPU Polling" from HWiNFO main settings (right-click system tray icon).
Also use a balanced windows power plan from the windows power settings.

If you want to test these things use a more real life applications like Cinebench R20/R23 CPU and Unigine Heaven4.0 or Superposition for GPU.
FurMark is known for its stress test brutality (especially on GPUs, and P95 for CPUs) and I'm avoiding running it.

Depending on the board's BIOS settings it could have some settings so you can try to set it closer to 100% (PRD). See if you can find any CPU telemetry settings in BIOS
What brand/model is the board?

Last edited:
I have the same CPU.

Its not all that bad really. Do you run these kind of burn tests all day?
Your PRD reading is about 82% under full load.

Your CPU is max its PPT, at around 95W (78/0.82=95).
Its default figure is 88W so its not too far off and cant really hurt the CPU. Max operating temp for Ryzen 3000 is 95°C.

You can try to update the board's BIOS to the latest and also enable "Snapshot CPU Polling" from HWiNFO main settings (right-click system tray icon).
Also use a balanced windows power plan from the windows power settings.

If you want to test these things use a more real life applications like Cinebench R20/R23 CPU and Unigine Heaven4.0 or Superposition for GPU.
FurMark is known for its stress test brutality (especially on GPUs, and P95 for CPUs) and I'm avoiding running it.

Depending on the board's BIOS settings it could have some settings so you can try to set it closer to 100% (PRD). See if you can find any CPU telemetry settings in BIOS
What brand/model is the board?
It's gigabyte a320m
and if i start cinebench r20 its around 40-50 C touching the copper pipes on the cooler (3509 pts)

Last edited:
I really doubt that this board has CPU telemetry settings as I dont know any Gigabyte AM4 board that has them, including my X570 Aorus Pro.

If you want to improve your CPU temp under full load you can try lowering PPT limit in PBO settings.
The default for R5 3600 is 88W. You could set it to 82W for example and this can bring actual power draw from 95W to under 90W.

Back