Mysterious Crashing when using HWiNFO 64

First off, this is not a bug report. If this is still the wrong section, I would like to know though.

When I have been using this software (Starting today, since I just heard about it) my computer has been freezing like crazy.
The display locks up, whatever sound data was currently playing will start buzzing in an endless loop, and things like that. My system just freezes in whatever state it was in, and doesn't respond to anything until I do a hard shutdown. It only happens a few minutes in to using the program. If I open the sensor monitor window, it loads correctly and works perfect for a few minutes. It doesn't happen upon direct interaction.

This is good news for me. I have been having this problem on and off for the past few months, but never so often. So I was wondering if there was anyone technically oriented here who would have an idea as to why this causes my computer to freeze, in hopes that I might finally get the problem resolved. Any form of idea would help at this point.

Funnily enough, I got this software to hope it had utilities to help me figure out why this problem was happening in the first place.

Are you sure the problem is also related to HWiNFO, since you say you had lockups also before using it?
I cannot provide more advice without further details of your system - will need at least the HWiNFO Report File and a screenshot of the sensors screen.

Martin said:
Are you sure the problem is also related to HWiNFO, since you say you had lockups also before using it?
I cannot provide more advice without further details of your system - will need at least the HWiNFO Report File and a screenshot of the sensors screen.

You're right, I added and replaced components and I don't freeze using it anymore. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Back to the drawing board!

Back