New AGESA 1201 breaks HWInfo v7.00 snapshot polling?

nubbins

Ryzen 5900X
Asus B550M TUF Wifi

Was previously on the stable AGESA 1200 BIOS (version 1804).
Upgraded to the new stable 1201 BIOS (version 2003) for my board, so I upgraded today.

Found that a whole bunch of sensors simply no longer work when Snapshot Polling is enabled.
  • Core Clock (any)
  • Effective Core Clock (any)
  • per-Core Power SMU (any)
  • C-state residency (any)
Also not sure if the same problem, but I straight up am missing this sensor:
  • Core 0 T0 Effective Clock (T1 is still there, but Snapshot Polling naturally disables all T1 thread sensors)
I am aware that there are certain sensors that are not supposed to work in Snapshot Polling (ie. CPU Package Power SMU and SMT threads' Effective Clocks) but these are not those; surprisingly, SMU Package Power appears to now work just fine in AGESA 1201 when Snapshot is enabled.

If HWInfo restarts after the change from regular polling > snapshot polling, then when it starts again those non-working sensors disappear from the list entirely. If the application is not yet restarted, the affected sensors will all read 0 MHz or 0 W until the application is restarted.

None of this on the previous BIOS (1804 with AGESA 1200).

Normal polling:
hwinfo normal.png

Snapshot polling with the affected sensors in red:
hwinfo snapshot.jpg

This is also reflected on the Main screen when Snapshot Polling is enabled. See the Core Clock display.

hwinfo snapshot main.png

The current beta HWInfo version does not appear to have this problem, but it can't be installed and is a bit janky (I leave HWInfo open on my vertically oriented 2nd monitor so the variable column widths are weird to deal with).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled v7.00 and cleared prefs a number of times, no change.

Attachments

• TRIDENT.HTM
    231.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Proper support of AGESA 1.2.0.1 Patch A was first added in v7.01 Beta: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/hwinfo-v7-01-4425-beta-released.7206/
so it won't work in v 7.00. This will be released in next/full stable version 7.02 expected this week.

Well now I feel like an idiot lol. Searched high and low on the bug forum and couldn't find anything. I suspected AGESA would be the problem with the broadly missing Clock/Effective/C-state sensors, but I was especially intrigued as to why I lost Core 0 T0 Effective alone in regularly polling mode, and none of the other sensors in that section.

Thanks for the info Martin. A quick user prefs reset fixed the sensor list in the beta, so I guess I'll be using it until the stable release.

well, although you state this is fixed, im unsure if its something i done.
or something else. 1.2.0.3 beta (b550 gaming edge wifi) while snapshots running
you can see with the image that it shows no VID, no clocks for the CPU only of any kind.
i tried revo uninstaller, reverting to a restore point which i thought worked with snapshot pooling?
and nothing fixed it. even removed ALL registry values win 11 would allow. but nothing worked.
so at this time im hard core stuck. (chipset driver reinstall didnt work either.)

unsure if something inside the bios is broken, but i did reflash as well.
(would seem core powers are broken too)

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    378.5 KB · Views: 6
Try a "Reset Preferences" in HWiNFO if that will help.
I tried that too, but it wasn't a bug with hwinfo. Was something in the ram profile I had saved for my 5800x doing it. Set all the same settings manually and had no issue. Reloaded the profile I had and it happened again. So needless to say, I made a new profile. Unsure what setting inside the super locked down MSI bios that's causing it. Anyhow, my issues resolved, thanks.

Back