No temp sensors?

technos

Hello,
I have a QX9100 QDRS cpu, without temp sensors being detected. I have attached my log file from normal mode, my log file from debug mode, and a DSDT rw-everything report. Please help! Thanks.

Attachments

• DEBUGMODE.zip
    44.2 KB · Views: 22
Please enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO32, then run it, open the Sensors, close and send the HWiNFO32.DBG file too.
Also with the RW-Everything tool press the EC (Embedded Controller) button and attach that dump too.
I'll also check the QDRS DTS status..

technos said:
Hello,
I have a QX9100 QDRS cpu, without temp sensors being detected. I have attached my log file from normal mode, my log file from debug mode, and a DSDT rw-everything report. Please help! Thanks.

Please try this build: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_368_1136.zip">www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_368_1136.zip</a><!-- w -->
you should see a new Sensor which will contain your CPU temperature as most probably measured by an on-board sensor and monitoried via EC.
As for the DTS, this particular SKU (ES1 QDRS) has all thermal sensors disabled in CPU probably because of the early ES stage.
Please attach a new Report File using this build so I can check it too.

thanks, ec sensors work! Yeah, the CPU is an extremely early revision, with a C0 stepping :\

anyway, new log and debug attached

also, what is the difference between thermal monitor one and 2? TM1 is enabled, and TM2 is disabled.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.zip
    43 KB · Views: 19
I think the TM1 reported as enabled by CPU is false, since according to my information all thermal sensors are disabled there (including TM1, TM2, THERMTRIP#, PROCHOT# and DTS). Be careful with this SKU since there is no mechanism that will shut down the CPU in case of a thermal runaway.

Martin said:
I think the TM1 reported as enabled by CPU is false, since according to my information all thermal sensors are disabled there (including TM1, TM2, THERMTRIP#, PROCHOT# and DTS). Be careful with this SKU since there is no mechanism that will shut down the CPU in case of a thermal runaway.
crap i didn't know ALL the thermal monitoring wasn't working. :(

thanks for your work and the heads up tho!

Back