No VCCIO Z490 Vision G

HunterD

I have no VCCIO reading in HWINFO64 and I have no VCCIO reading in BIOS either. I've tried reaching out to gigabyte support about it and they suggested it was product segmentation. However, The Z490 Vision G has the same exact VRM and Bios chip size as the Z490 Aorus Ultra and that indeed has VCCIO voltage readout. Here's a picture of my voltage readouts.

Love HWINFO64. Keep up the great work.
Hunter D

Attachments

• novcciossss.png
    novcciossss.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 8
Presence of such sensor is not determined by VRM type nor BIOS chip size, but board layout and presence of sensor circuits.
Your board doesn't feature such sensor.

Presence of such sensor is not determined by VRM type nor BIOS chip size, but board layout and presence of sensor circuits.
Your board doesn't feature such sensor.
Thanks, Concise. Now I understand. Could you point me to a resource for learning about voltage monitoring sensor circuits in motherboards or voltage controllers in general? Where are the sensors? I did think that voltage sensing was connected to the Voltage Controller chip. I would love to know how to identify this for myself. I had no idea after buying a lower end board like Asrocks z270 extreme4, I could end up with no VCCIO readout on a z490 that cost more.

Hunter D

See if you can get anything out of this:

Buildzoid goes over obvious features. What I'm being informed of at this moment is that there's separate IC's specifically for voltage monitoring. I've never heard Buildzoid talk about voltage sensing chips. I'm a fan of the channel and patreon supporter. :D I've been overclocking for 15 years. I thought all the new "smart power phases" and "digital voltage controllers" had sensing embedded. So, I'm looking for specifically, Examples of how a motherboard achieves VCCIO specifically and if not that, any voltage in general. Since my understanding is being challenged false. Z490 Aorus Elite has VCCIO voltage sensing and a very similar layout, Can't find any pictures of the bare PCB to do any further investigation tho.

Just a clarification...
When you say your BIOS does not have a reading you mean on the "PC Health Status" page, ...or next to the setting that you can change on "Tweaker" page?

Untitled14.png

Last edited:
The voltage next to where you set voltage, Is a fixed value reference. It doesn't change in relation to what you type in.

Attachments

• HwHealth.png
    HwHealth.png
    578.3 KB · Views: 7
The voltage next to where you set voltage, Is a fixed value reference. It doesn't change in relation to what you type in.

Yes you're right, I'm talking BS... sorry.

I quess if no 3rd party software report the VCCIO and also Gigabyte SIV (System Alert page) then your board has not the ability to display it.

So far I enjoy using HWINFO64 and I think it is one of the best tools I have ever used in my life. I am an experienced engineer and have done over 100 different projects and the last one was with designing a new gerber viewer for a company that made an order. I am currently a freelancer and will be more than happy to help you but please do not be lazy and make some high-quality images from a good smartphone or borrow a camera from your friends. I will be very interested to help you. Thank you once again for such a great HWINFO64 tool and wish you all the best in your future projects!

Back