None of the HWINFO versions work with Phoenix 360

Clevor

I am running the latest suite of apps with Iolo's Phoenix 360: System Mechanic, Privacy Guardian, and Malware Killer. A real old version of HWINFO installed in Feb. 2019 was working fine. But after I upgraded Phoenix 360 to the latest version of all the apps, none of the HWINFO versions work. On the latest 6.07 beta for example, after installing when I click on the 64 bit app the program does not open. Or during the install of the older versions, I get a message that:

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file
DeleteFile failed; code 5
Access is denied

As it is right now, HWINFO won't run at all on my system. I am using Windows 10 with the latest 1809 cumulative updates installed as of 5-31-19. My computer is an Alienware Aurora R7 with absolute latest BIOS and hardware drivers (I only run this computer every 3-4 months, at which point I update all the drivers and BIOS, etc. Also all the software apps like AIDA64 and HWINFO). Unfortunately, can't use HWINFO at all anymore.

Do you at least get the welcome screen of HWiNFO (with version and Run, Settings) buttons ?
If yes, please go to settings, enable Debug Mode and after the failure attach the HWiNFO64.DBG file it produced.
If not, can you check in Task Manager if you see the HWiNFO task running perhaps?

Martin said:
Do you at least get the welcome screen of HWiNFO (with version and Run, Settings) buttons ?
If yes, please go to settings, enable Debug Mode and after the failure attach the HWiNFO64.DBG file it produced.
If not, can you check in Task Manager if you see the HWiNFO task running perhaps?

I don't get on that computer often but I did so now. Actually the latest 6.07 Beta  is working OK. The problem was it took almost a minute for the program to start after extracting the ZIP file. In Task Manager I could not see it. But once it ran the first time and I shut it down, now it opens at normal speed.

So all is fine.

Back