Not seeing license file

Hello, I recently rebooted my PC and HWiNFO64 said that there was a new version available. I used the auto-update function and when it restarted it said my license had expired. I then purchased a new license and placed in in the HWiNFO64 directory (where my old license file was) and now it is still not recognizing that I have licensed the product. I can tell that because the shared memory support check box shows [12-HOUR TIME LIMIT]

Now I am thinking that my original license had not expired and that there is a problem with HWiNFO64 and I've just wasted money buying a license that I didn't need.

Please send me the e-mail or order number via a Private Message and I'll check it. Also make sure the new license file name is exactly "HWiNFO64_64.txt".

Tired of searching. Tired of deleting the registration key and having it return on its own. I simply want to revert from Pro to non-pro because I don't have the cash to re-up.

Do I need an older version? If so which?

I've uninstalled the latest version several times and reinstalled it, only to have the key appear by itself and the message:

---------------------------
License Expired
The maintenance period of your license is expired and this version is no longer covered by it.
Renew the license or revert back to an older HWiNFO64 version covered by your license.
Renewal notification e-mails are automatically sent prior to expiry, if you haven't received this e-mail please check your 2Checkout account or contact support.
OK

So, uninstalled now. What do I do to get the non-pro version running? Tired of horsing around with something that really should be simple.

Thanks in advance.

Tired of searching. Tired of deleting the registration key and having it return on its own. I simply want to revert from Pro to non-pro because I don't have the cash to re-up.

Do I need an older version? If so which?

I've uninstalled the latest version several times and reinstalled it, only to have the key appear by itself and the message:

So, uninstalled now. What do I do to get the non-pro version running? Tired of horsing around with something that really should be simple.

Thanks in advance.

Check in the default HWiNFO64 installation folder "C:\Program Files\HWiNFO64" and delete the "HWiNFO64_KEY.txt" file.

Check in the default HWiNFO64 installation folder "C:\Program Files\HWiNFO64" and delete the "HWiNFO64_KEY.txt" file.
Yea, that's why I'm so frustrated. I've deleted this file at least 5–6 times over the last couple months. I then get an update notice on boot, update it, get the message I quoted above, then look in the installation directory and the key has returned. How is this happening? I came up with nothing in a registry search.

That can happen if the key resides in the directory where the installer is, probably your Downloads. In such case the installer also copies the key during the installation.

That can happen if the key resides in the directory where the installer is, probably your Downloads. In such case the installer also copies the key during the installation.
Wow, as I was replying a few minutes ago I did a complete search with Everything (Voidtools), deleted both keys and one on my GDrive. Wish I had known this a couple of months ago.

Thanks!

Back