PC shutting down randomly while playing some games

Hello guys.

My PC keeps shutting down randomly in some games and I dont have any clue on what is going on with it.

I uploaded my CSV file when the PC just crashed.
I aready tryed some things:
Fresh windows install, fresh Video driver install.
It doesnt crash when I run CPU-Z or FurMark stress tests.

Sorry for my poor english, but I really need some help.

PC Specs:

I5-3570k
16gb DDR3 Dual Channel
GTX 1060
250gb SSD
500gb HD Sata II
PSU: CX500 Corsair.

Thanks!

From your description, it isn't clear what exactly happens. Does the system suddenly turn off, i.e. power is suddenly cut and the PC turns off (no power LED)? Does it run into a BSOD? Does it randomly reboot on its own (without BSOD)? Are there any records in Windows Event Log about the issue?

Does the same happen when you run Prime95 or FurMark, or both at the same time? Keep in mind that CPU-Z and FurMark only put load on CPU or GPU, but games tend to put a more equal load on both CPU and GPU.

Regards
Dalai

By seeing your system specs I cant help my self by pointing out the PSU. In the past I've read a lot of issues and problems with Corsair's CX line. Is it CX Gray or CX Green? Grays are way much better and more reliable than Greens.

Do you have the ability to try another (not same model) PSU?

And do your self a favor and please stop using Furmark as a GPU benchmark. Its abusing to graphic cards and continuous usage can lead to permanent GPU card degradation and/or damage.
Instead use something more normal like UnigineHeaven4.0 and Superposition.

From your description, it isn't clear what exactly happens. Does the system suddenly turn off, i.e. power is suddenly cut and the PC turns off (no power LED)? Does it run into a BSOD? Does it randomly reboot on its own (without BSOD)? Are there any records in Windows Event Log about the issue?

Does the same happen when you run Prime95 or FurMark, or both at the same time? Keep in mind that CPU-Z and FurMark only put load on CPU or GPU, but games tend to put a more equal load on both CPU and GPU.

Regards
Dalai
It randomly reboot without BSOD, that's right. On the Windows Event log, the only error that apears its the Event.Id 6008.

Tryed Prime95 too and it passes well.

By seeing your system specs I cant help my self by pointing out the PSU. In the past I've read a lot of issues and problems with Corsair's CX line. Is it CX Gray or CX Green? Grays are way much better and more reliable than Greens.

Do you have the ability to try another (not same model) PSU?

And do your self a favor and please stop using Furmark as a GPU benchmark. Its abusing to graphic cards and continuous usage can lead to permanent GPU card degradation and/or damage.
Instead use something more normal like UnigineHeaven4.0 and Superposition.
CX500 its a Green.

I tryed using Heaven4.0 too, still passes well.
I dont have another PSU to try.

Tryed Prime95 too and it passes well.
And what about Prime and FurMark at the same time? Just like @Zach I also guess that the PSU could be the culprit, but I think it requires certain loads to trigger.

Furthermore: How often does the issue occur and how long does it take? Does it happen with any game or just specific ones?

Regards
Dalai

And what about Prime and FurMark at the same time? Just like @Zach I also guess that the PSU could be the culprit, but I think it requires certain loads to trigger.

Furthermore: How often does the issue occur and how long does it take? Does it happen with any game or just specific ones?

Regards
Dalai
Today I tryed Prime95 and Furmark (With 8x MSAA and 1440p) for 15 minutes and it passes well.

I figurated out a way to replicate the shutdown using DOTA 2 and recorded in a video to show you guys:
CSV File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w13bhg4ljph1k9/Shutdown Test Dota 2.CSV?dl=0

Games that makes my PC Fully Crash that I tested: call of duty modern warfare Warzone, Valheim and Dota 2.

Your CSV file doesn't show any abnormalities, everything looks fine (temperatures, fan speeds, and voltages). This doesn't rule out the PSU. I suggest to get one from someone you know who can lend you one. Maybe you have a local PC shop around the corner where you can get one (for a limited amount of time) for testing.

Sorry if this isn't particularly useful, but remote diagnosing hardware issues is not as easy as it might appear to be.

Regards
Dalai

Your CSV file doesn't show any abnormalities, everything looks fine (temperatures, fan speeds, and voltages). This doesn't rule out the PSU. I suggest to get one from someone you know who can lend you one. Maybe you have a local PC shop around the corner where you can get one (for a limited amount of time) for testing.

Sorry if this isn't particularly useful, but remote diagnosing hardware issues is not as easy as it might appear to be.

Regards
Dalai
I'm trying to get a Corsair CX550w 80 Plus Bronze to test.

Back