Performance Limit - Utilization

dante-

Hello there,

I've been using Hwinfo since I built my PC in December. I just updated to v5.54-3200 and noticed a few more sensors under my SSD. Under "Performance Limit - Utilization" it says 'Yes' for current, minimum, maximum, and average. The rest of the Performance Limit sensors are all 'No'. Google and the forum search did not yield any results.

I figured I could safely assume that it's saying my SSD is being limited in some manner. My first question is that 'Yes' for thiat sensor a normal value, or is it something that should be looked into?

Second, if 'Yes' is not typical value, how would I go about determining what the issue is and taking care of it?

I've attached a screenshot as well, any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• hwinfo.png
    hwinfo.png
    312.1 KB · Views: 16
These "Performance Limit" values don't belong to the drive (SSD), but in fact to the GPU. They have just been added (as new values) to the end of the list because you have disabled Fixed Order of sensor items in HWiNFO. Try to do a Reset order, they should then appear at correct positions.

Noticed a those sensors, too, but for me they are all crossed out in red. So I just disabled and hid them. ;)

Those are really useful sensors for GPU, especially with how messy Pascal's "throttlemaster" cancer firmware has become. I am very glad to see them added to HWiNFO64. On multi-GPU systems (which I am a fan of) it is even more important to have them.

They showed up for me in the wrong place initially as well, and resetting the order fixed it. The new sensors moved underneath each GPU where they belong. I normally do not use a manual or custom sort and leave it set on fixed order, but I still had to reset it so the sensors would be moved into the right place the first time.

No, that looks rather like user-disabled values. Try to press the Ins key over to enable them.

Looks like a bug then. After the update to the new version these came up crossed out. But I still was able to "Disable" them before I hid them. Now I them set the to show again and they were automatically enabled without red cross right away.

dante- said:
Hello there,

I've been using Hwinfo since I built my PC in December. I just updated to v5.54-3200 and noticed a few more sensors under my SSD. Under "Performance Limit - Utilization" it says 'Yes' for current, minimum, maximum, and average. The rest of the Performance Limit sensors are all 'No'. Google and the forum search did not yield any results.

I figured I could safely assume that it's saying my SSD is being limited in some manner. My first question is that 'Yes' for thiat sensor a normal value, or is it something that should be looked into?

Second, if 'Yes' is not typical value, how would I go about determining what the issue is and taking care of it?

I've attached a screenshot as well, any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Martin said:
These "Performance Limit" values don't belong to the drive (SSD), but in fact to the GPU. They have just been added (as new values) to the end of the list because you have disabled Fixed Order of sensor items in HWiNFO. Try to do a Reset order, they should then appear at correct positions.

After you reset the order, bear in mind that 'Peformance Limit - Utilization' is going to show often, whenever the GPU is not being taxed. It's only undesirable for it to be "yes" when the GPU is under load and should be heavily utilized. As a side note, if you do not have a multi-GPU system you can disable and hide the SLI Sync sensor as well.

Back