Perhaps someone could help me out

briareos

I've been having this problem with overwatch that has been annoying.  I made 2 hwinfo log files.  One while playing overwatch when the problem wasn't happening and one when the issue was occuring (it either works fine all day or is a problem all day) could someone look at these log files and see if they notice anything.

Sorry, but I cannot see any files attached. Also please describe more precisely what is the problem you see.

Martin said:
Sorry, but I cannot see any files attached. Also please describe more precisely what is the problem you see.

Oh i haven't posted the files yet.  I wanted to ask first before I did.  The problem is I'm playing overwatch and some days it works fine and it will be fine all day.  Then other days it has this really bad audio stuttering that happens when the enemy team shows up.  Sometimes there are fps drops.  I made to hwinfo64 logs one from when everything is working fine and the other when I'm having the problem.  The one called Overwatchlog was when everything was working.  The one called overwatchbad is when i'm having the problem.  The weirdest thing is that if it doesn't work then nothing I do will make it work that day.  But the next morning I could get up and start up my laptop and everything is fine.

Attachments

• overwatchlog.csv
    175.5 KB · Views: 3
  • overwatchbad.csv
    70 KB · Views: 2
In the "bad case" I can see one thing that should not be - the On-Demand Clock Modulation is activated at 62.5%, which means your CPU is throttled to only 62.5% of its rated clock and thus runs at reduced performance. Since your temperatures seem OK, I don't see a reason to activate it.
If you aren't using some tool that could activate this throttling (e.g. ThrottleStop), then I think it might be the BIOS. This was a common practice for some notebook manufacturers to active this kind of throttling to keep temperatures down. But since you haven't even provided details about your system configuration, I'm not sure if that's the case.
Anyway, if you're sure you don't have a tool running that could activate it, I'd suggest to contact your system vendor.

Martin said:
In the "bad case" I can see one thing that should not be - the On-Demand Clock Modulation is activated at 62.5%, which means your CPU is throttled to only 62.5% of its rated clock and thus runs at reduced performance. Since your temperatures seem OK, I don't see a reason to activate it.
If you aren't using some tool that could activate this throttling (e.g. ThrottleStop), then I think it might be the BIOS. This was a common practice for some notebook manufacturers to active this kind of throttling to keep temperatures down. But since you haven't even provided details about your system configuration, I'm not sure if that's the case.
Anyway, if you're sure you don't have a tool running that could activate it, I'd suggest to contact your system vendor.

Thank you for your help btw! I'll see if I can find out where I can change this?  This is my system
https://www.cnet.com/products/alienware-m17xr3-17-3-core-i7-2670qm-8-gb-ram-750-gb-hdd/specs/

Hmm, then I guess the BIOS is activating the throttling.
If you aren't using ThrottleStop, you might try it - it might help to solve the problem.

Back