Permanent/sticky automatic logging?

jvillaveces

Hi.  This is my first post here.  I am a new user.  I installed HWinfo (Win 8.1 64-bit) to supply Aquacomputer's Aquasuite with "software sensors", and have several of them configured.  For this to work, it is necessary to enable automatic logging in HWinfo.  I haven't been able to make this setting permanent, so it's something I have to do every time I restart my system.
Is there a way to make this setting permanent? If not, I would like to suggest it for a future release.
Congratulations on a wonderful product!

Do you mean the automatic logging into a CSV file? I wasn't aware that there's such a need for Aquasuite.
No, this feature is currently not supported, but I can put it on my list.
But you can define a hotkey to start the logging, that can make the thing easier.

Martin, I mean the option at Sensors/Configure Sensors/Automatic Logging-Enable. Unless I select that checkbox, Aquasuite doesn't see the value of the software sensors and defaults to 50C. Thanks for considering the ability to make it permanent for a future release, it would be great if you did.

Hm, that option is used only to set a hot key for the logging feature and should have no effect on other applications like Aquasuite.
Are you sure it's that option which causes it? Have you also defined a hotkey, which when triggered will maybe enable the Aquasuite ?

Martin said:
Hm, that option is used only to set a hot key for the logging feature and should have no effect on other applications like Aquasuite.
Are you sure it's that option which causes it? Have you also defined a hotkey, which when triggered will maybe enable the Aquasuite ?

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I had to rebuild my system because the motherboard (Asus Z97 Deluxe) died.  Now I'm up and running again, with the latest versions of both HWinfo64 and Aquasuite on Win 8.1 Pro.  I have not defined any hotkeys.  The reported behavior remains identical: if automatic logging box is not enabled, all temperature "software sensors" in Aquasuite remain at the default 50C, if it is enabled the correct values are shown, if I disable the option or close HWinfo64, they revert to 50C immediately.

Please post a screenshot or exact wording of the option you mean.
Have you checked with Aquacomputer too ?

Back