PLEASE HELP ME is Yoga 9i able to do long zoom meeting with screen share or it has something called PL1/PL2 limits so it won't????? ???

zairo

Hello
Recently I bought a 14”yoga 9i.MTM 82BG006KAX ,which still in the box cuz i need to have a final decision about weather to open it or not.

PROCESSOR
Processor TypeIntel Core i7
Processor Model Number1185G7
Processor Core4
Processor Memory Cache12 MB
Processor Clock Speed3.0 GHz
Processor Max. Clock Speed4.8 GHz
Processor Generation11th Gen

MEMORY & STORAGE
RAM16 GB
SSD Storage Capacity1 TB
Storage TypeSSD
PROCESSOR
Processor TypeIntel Core i7
Processor Model Number1185G7
Processor Core4
Processor Memory Cache12 MB
Processor Clock Speed3.0 GHz
Processor Max. Clock Speed4.8 GHz
Processor Generation11th Gen

MEMORY & STORAGE
RAM16 GB
SSD Storage Capacity1 TB
Storage TypeSSD

As I found this comment on reddit which makes me really worried

The CPU is severely power-limited, to the extent that a 30-minute zoom call with the camera and screen sharing on will throttle down the CPU to 400MHz! Note that it's specifically PL1/PL2 and not a thermal limit. Specifically, it seems to cap itself to <10W at all times, and that's supposed to be a 28W CPU. I went through the hoops to uninstall and disable Intel DPTF and use ThrottleStop to fiddle with power limits. Unfortunately, 11th gen CPUs can not (yet?) be undervolted, and the thermal solution provided by Lenovo can't quite handle 28W, but I did limit it to 24W and lowered the max turbo to 4GHz, and that solved my performance problems without hitting ridiculous temps. I might end up repasting and repadding it if it gets too hot in the summer.

What I understand from the comment above it is a machine limitation not related to bios or updates!!!

is this thing is real cuz that means I should sell this laptop as I mainly need it in zoom call with screen share and camera for more than 8 hours (it would probably be attached to power resource at that time ) I need it to perform well at such time..
does the comment above mean I can not use it for such a purpose ????

it has been 2 days since the laptop arrived and I still did not unbox it cuz I am really scared of such a problem

Does anyone have an idea about such limitations ????
please help me to decide

your help really appreciated

PL1/2 limits are defined by BIOS, but we don't know how yours is set until you really start and check the machine.

PL1/2 limits are defined by BIOS, but we don't know how yours is set until you really start and check the machine.
then if I open it would it be possible for me to know if this device will be of use to me or not ?

NB: I had a horrible experience with the same machine when I first bought it [screen freezing ] where I contact Lenovo support they advice me to update the bio, re install the windows which both did not fix the problem they then decide to replace it ( no refund) that is why I am too conscious now this is my first experience with windows from years and it is really horrible

Back