Potential misreporting of Samsung SSDs R/W rates

t0yz

Hello,

Thanks for the new Beta. Noticed some weird readings for my 2 Samsung SSDs, an older 850 Evo and a 970 Evo Plus. Haven't seen this in older versions of HWinfo, I am quite sure. I'm attaching a screenshot and the report/debug. Thanks a lot!

Vi7A5bS.png

Attachments

• DESKTOP-TAG12A4.HTM
    261.3 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
It seems that those erratic values occur only seldom. Unfortunately, these were not captured in the report file attach.
Can you please try to capture them either in the HTM report or sensor log file?
Since I need to see the exact values obtained, it would also be good if you could enlarge the columns with max values on the screenshot.

It seems that those erratic values occur only seldom. Unfortunately, these were not captured in the report file attach.
Can you please try to capture them either in the HTM report or sensor log file?
Since I need to see the exact values obtained, it would also be good if you could enlarge the columns with max values on the screenshot.
I'll try.
I had to restart HWinfo to enable the debug mode so those values went away, the screenshot was taken before. Gonna restart it again and let it run in the debug mode for the rest of the night, in case this occurs again. The 2 HDDs seem to have been spared.

No need to run in Debug Mode in this case as the Debug File doesn't contain disk activity data. A HTM report, or even better the sensor log will be needed.

No need to run in Debug Mode in this case as the Debug File doesn't contain disk activity data. A HTM report, or even better the sensor log will be needed.
Even better, means I don't need to open the main window then for the HTML report? I'll just let it log the sensors in the background, I usually run HWinfo anyway, I assume this will do fine?

Yes, no need to open the main window. Sensor log is the best report in this case.

OK, so I've been monitoring and logging for the last day, and the SSDs show normal values. However, I did notice weird reporting on the Effective Clocks, they were stuck to 0. Restarting HWinfo fixed it. There's a chance it was related to the PC entering sleep. This time I also have a rather long log, the last half should be with the weird 0 MHz clocks reported. Had to archive it as it got kind of large over the hours. Thought I would continue to use this thread instead of opening a new one.

UDqq5bJ.png

Attachments

• report.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Back