Power reporting deviation 16.8% ?

Dangit

My computer started crashing - typically freezing - every 2-5 minutes. Even booting from a Hirens disk it crashes. I found this program on that disk and these numbers were in red.

I’ve read several posts here but don’t understand when below 100% numbers are concerning or not.

Does this mean anything or is more info needed. Not running under any load. If an issue does this indicate if it’s a motherboard, power supply, or cpu issue? Something else?

Attachments

• tinywow_IMG_3681_49403551.jpg
    tinywow_IMG_3681_49403551.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 6
I did read - with limited understanding - the post marked important regarding AMD cpus.
I cannot boot into windows at this point. Is there a way to stress my computer for a more accurate reading, and are these numbers pointless without a stress test?

Is there a way to stress my computer for a more accurate reading
Sure, one of them is named in this thread
CineBench, but you can also use Prime95, OCCT or something similar. However, I suggest you ignore the Power Reporting Deviation (for now) and concentrate on the issue at hand, an unstable system. Check the memory with MemTest86+ or Memtest86 (could be part of Hiren's Boot CD). Reset the BIOS to defaults, or at least disable XMP for the memory if enabled.

[...] and are these numbers pointless without a stress test?
Yes, as is stated in the other thread, the numbers are only relevant under full load.

Thank you. I thought I’d need to boot into windows (which I can’t do) and start a game or something to stress it.
I’m running memtest86 now - lots of errors.- I’ll disregard as you suggested until I get the memory issue fixed.

I thought I’d need to boot into windows (which I can’t do) and start a game or something to stress it.
Correct. More or less any software to put all cores under full load will do; though a game is not suited for such a task unless it fully loads all cores. It can be a program running under Windows but a Live system can also be used, e.g. with the stress command or similar.

I’m running memtest86 now - lots of errors.
Could be a faulty memory module, but it's also possible that the memory is not seated into the slot all the way. Sometimes it's enough to remove the modules and put them back in properly.

Back