Problem with Chassis1 Fan after sleep

Sergei

After resume from sleep only Chassis1 Fan is zero. After restart HWiNFO64 Chassis1 Fan is Ok. If I use AIDA64 Extreme Edition I don't have this problem.

Motherboard - ASUS P5K-VM
OS - Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit
HWiNFO - HWiNFO64

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    280.5 KB · Views: 2
This is because the BIOS doesn't configure the fan settings properly, so HWiNFO needs to do that.
It does set them during start, but it seems that after resuming from suspend the settings are lost again.
I'll fix this in the next build, so HWiNFO will reconfigure them after resume as well.

The release 1770 worked normal after resuming from suspend.
But the release 1775 work with zero fan after resuming from suspend again.

I haven't performed any changes in this area between build 1770-1775.
Can you please attach a new debug file with the suspend-resume sequence when fan drops to 0 ?

I'm sorry for delay.
I have attach the debug file.

HWiNFO - HWiNFO64 v4.10

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    305.6 KB · Views: 3
According to that dump, all seems OK after resume. Does it behave exactly as before - before suspend does Chassis fan 1 show a speed and after resume it's 0 ?

Yes.
I have attach screenshots.

Attachments

• Before suspend.jpg
    Before suspend.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 4
  • After resume.jpg
    After resume.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 7
Could you please create a Debug File including following scenario: Perform a Suspend / Resume sequence (CPU fan=0) and then close HWiNFO sensors and open again.

Is this Debug File create after the exact sequence I described before? Did it show the correct fan speed after this sequence?

Is this Debug File create after the exact sequence I described before?
- Yes

Did it show the correct fan speed after this sequence?
- Yes, the fan speed show correct after close HWiNFO process and start again.

If you run HWiNFO in Sensor-only mode, then disable it.
Then please follow the procedure as before and attach a new debug file.

I have tried to add a patch in the new version v4.11 Build 1825 released. Please check it and let me know if that helped.

The sequence is start, suspend, resume, quit, start.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    296.3 KB · Views: 1
Please do not perform the quit+start sequence, just do the suspend/resume and attach the resulting debug file.

The sequence is start, suspend, resume, quit (Hwinfo process lock the debug file without quit).

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    345.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the new dump and your patience. It shows me now where the problem might be, so I'm working on a fix.
But just to be sure, could you please repeat the previous process 3 times and attach 3 debug files from each cycle? I need to verify if there's some random behavior to fan control logic, or if the results show always the same schema.

Back