Question about Sensor

Xavin

Hello im pretty new and have an question about some sensors in hwinfo32 and need some clarification on how to read them properly.
I see the 4 cores on the cpu but further down there is also a cpu sensor. Is that the overall one to look at?

Then under Intel CPU there is something called Memory Channel 0 and 1 Rank Max, is those temps anything to worry about and what exactly are they?
SYSTIN1, 2 and 3 is those the bridges on the Motherboard?

Thanks in advance

/Xavin

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 454
The CPU Digital Thermal sensor and the CPU sensor below are all values coming directly from the CPU.
I don't think you need to worry about the "Memory Channel" temperature values, since I think they rather represent an estimation for internal throttling.
The Nuvoton sensor is an external chip that measures various values across the board. In your case it seems some of those values need adjustment in HWiNFO32 which is currently not present. If you submit a HWiNFO32 Report File and Debug File (as described here: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPORTANT-Read-this-before-submitting-a-report ) I can try to analyse and update it.

Hello and thank you for the answers :)
I submitted the report and debug file

Attachments

• Report and debugfile.zip
    119.3 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the data. Now I can fix some voltage readings of the Nuvoton sensor.
The fix will be available in the next build released.

Hello again, i post this in the same thread since my question is about a sensor again :)
That reading called Auxiliary is that the case temp?
It was at 38C in idle then as i stressed my computer it went down to 30C, now in idle its climbing again. I asume its an bogus sensor?

The meaning of this value depends on mainboard model.
Please post the exact mainboard name and a screenshot of the sensors window.

Xavin said:
Hello again, i post this in the same thread since my question is about a sensor again :)
That reading called Auxiliary is that the case temp?
It was at 38C in idle then as i stressed my computer it went down to 30C, now in idle its climbing again. I asume its an bogus sensor?

In the sensor picture where the auxiliary is higher is some mins after i booted up windows7.
Then with the lower temp is right after an gaming session.
Now when i think about it, the aux temp has always been high at startup, then always came down to 30-31C and stayed there.
Just seemed wierd to me that the temp gets lower when the computer work and higher in idle so ive been trying to figure out what aux is.

Attachments

• idle.jpg
    idle.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 319
  • after gaming.jpg
    after gaming.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 321
  • motherboard.jpg
    motherboard.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 321
For this mainboard the Auxiliary temperature might be a bogus reading and it should be ignored.

If I could jump in on this thread since I have a similar question. . . .

The hottest reading I get right now is Auxiliary. I have an Asus P8P67-M motherboard. Here's the screenshot:

sensors.jpg

Any idea what Auxiliary means here?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what the Auxiliary reading means here. The problem is that mainboard manufacturers don't share this kind of information (how the sensor chip inputs are connected). It might be an invalid reading that should be ignored...

Okay, thanks. I know you can't know every detail about every system, but I figured it was worth a shot. :D

Back