Random new sensors appearing

User 7321

Hello, I built a new PC 3 weeks ago with a Gigabyte Aorus x470 Gaming 7 WiFi, R7 2700X and GTX 1080 GPU. In light of me having some minor issues with the PC I been paranoid about any hardware being defective especially as the return deadline for Amazon draws near. With HWiNFO I noticed two particular oddities that drew my attention: I once had a temperature sensor reading that was grayed out even though it was showing MIN / MAX / AVG values ion the 30'ish degrees celsius; the other one was HWiNFO displaying a new System FAN 6 reading showing a 0 RPM value on all columns, but that is impossible because there is no such thing as a fan in the system 6 fan header, there are only case fans in headers 1, 2 and 4 and HWiNFO displays their readings properly. Restarting the computer cleared new fan sensor and the grayed out reading. Is this something I should worry about or is it just a software bug?

No need to worry about this. A greyed-out value means HWiNFO is unable to read data from the sensor. Especially for fans, if the RPM read is 0, it's not possible to determine whether the fan is temporarily stopped or not connected at all. So it looks like some of the sensors sometimes provide erratic values, which is quite common for those which are not connected.

Martin said:
No need to worry about this. A greyed-out value means HWiNFO is unable to read data from the sensor. Especially for fans, if the RPM read is 0, it's not possible to determine whether the fan is temporarily stopped or not connected at all. So it looks like some of the sensors sometimes provide erratic values, which is quite common for those which are not connected.

I see, thanks for the quick reply.

Back