Remote Monitoring suddenly has stopped

nero

Just upgraded to the latest version v7.00-4400 and it seems that remote monitoring that I was using before stopped. Simple 2 machine set up? One server and sending its data to the other. Both machines are the same version of HWINFO.

I even went ahead and bought a license for the personal copy (which is all I need); but I haven't even received info on how to activate it, ect. But that is another story just included because maybe it is because I am still using the free version? Does the free version limit / eliminate remote monitoring?

Thanks,
T

AX-Procyon

I have the same problem. I purchased the license and all it came with the email was the key. There are no instructions on how to activate it whatsoever. I looked through settings in the software and there is nowhere for me to enter the key.
As for the remote monitoring, I think (if I understood it correctly) you are limited to 12 hours max per session. After 12hrs you will have to manually restart the monitoring.

nero

These are personal machines; so I restart them regularly. have to figure out the whole licensing thing.

T

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Check if the "Shared Memory Support" option is enabled.

Last edited:

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
I have the same problem. I purchased the license and all it came with the email was the key. There are no instructions on how to activate it whatsoever. I looked through settings in the software and there is nowhere for me to enter the key.

Instructions how to use the key file are in the same e-mail in which you received the key.

Last edited:

nero

I actually have not received the key email yet. Just my receipt from paypal. Thanks for the info. And I will try the shared option and let you know.

Cheers,
T

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
I actually have not received the key email yet. Just my receipt from paypal. Thanks for the info. And I will try the shared option and let you know.

Cheers,
T

Please check your Junk mail folder if it didn't land there.
If not, please send me your order number or e-mail via PM or e-mail so I can check what's going on with your order.

nero

Instructions how to use the key file are in the same e-mail in which you received the key.
The Shared Memory check fixed the sharing issue.

And found the file and was able to easily install to get HWINFO Pro...

Thanks,
T

AX-Procyon

Thanks for the notice. I should have read the email more carefully. Now the license works. But if I reinstall Windows on the same machine and use the key again it counts as 2nd computer, right?

Zach

While on the subject...
What happens if someone changes the motherboard of the system? As a different model/brand. Same everything else (CPU, drives and GPU).

I think that the board defines the system.