Request: Change monitor to 2 culloms, increase size more

I like to have my monitor displayed on the 3rd monitor and it is a smaller screen than the other 2, but the bottom part of the readouts are cut off(go below screen) and even at the highest text size, the readout can be difficult to see at a glance.

I am asking for a simple modification to the sensor display readout, cut it into two sections side by side, and also allow us to increase the display size up from what the largest is now.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm not sure where this request belongs to - whether it's for the HWiNFOMonitor Gadget, or the default HWiNFO sensors screen (table)?

You can run multiple gadgets. This allows you to show 1/2 the list in one gadget, and the other 1/2 in a second one. Please see number 4 and 16 here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=292598&page=7#165

So an example running 4 gadgets might look something like this:
gadget-example-23.png

And to make it bigger, please read this thread:
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Increasing-size-of-gadget

- Nick

AtmaDarkwolf said:
I can't figure out how to set them up that way...

For example, to make a one gadget for the CPU and one for the GPU......edit the gadget settings to uncheck all sensors except the CPU sensors and click OK. Your gadget will now be shorter and only show the CPU readings. Then drag a second gadget onto the screen from the add a gadget dialog. Initially, this second gadget will look just like the first one. So open its options, change the instance from 0 to 1. Then uncheck the CPU sensors and check all of the GPU sensors. Click OK. Now you will have one gadget displaying the CPU and one showing the GPU. Repeat this more times if you need, each time incrementing the instance number to 2,3,4,etc. You do not change any HWiNFO settings.....just the gadget options.

Let me know how you make out.

ok lol I think i got it now, just saw how yours were and saw mine as just numbers, and forgot to even think about the mess of options to play with.

Will take some time but its pretty much what I was talking about, thank you very much.

Another question if I may bother you?

I often set up systems for myself and clients, and I was wondering, could I set up HWiNFO gadget as a 'config' file on a usb that I can open on a target system to set up how i want them displayed? IE can i configure it as I want, then copy a reg file or setup file somewhere to later launch on a new system exactly how i set up here?

I had it all set up as you suggested, and when I started up my system tonight, they all popped up as clones of the last one I did(the GPU monitor) - losing all the work i put into the rest.

I'd like to re-request some way to split it with ONE gadget again if possible so that this does not happen.''

Edit: my bad, found the 'gadget instance' option(LOL once again, lots of options and easy to miss some... curious, would it be possible to have the options panal open to a larger screen? - I might have noticed all the choices easier if it opened to a larger window - and also to not have it minimize the gadget itself so you can see options in-effect as you choose them?)

AtmaDarkwolf said:
I often set up systems for myself and clients, and I was wondering, could I set up HWiNFO gadget as a 'config' file on a usb that I can open on a target system to set up how i want them displayed? IE can i configure it as I want, then copy a reg file or setup file somewhere to later launch on a new system exactly how i set up here?

Read the backup/restore instructions section in the options. You can copy that folder from your configured machine, and restore it to other computers. However, this is only going to work if the hardware is similar/same. If the HWiNFO hardware IDs are different on the destination machine, you will not get the results you expect.

You can also use the copy/paste to set multiple entries to the same display. Perhaps you want to watch the video here. It covers many of the options available
http://rivatuner.doomdealer.com/
Hardware Monitoring -> Sidebar Gadget

AtmaDarkwolf said:
Edit: my bad, found the 'gadget instance' option(LOL once again, lots of options and easy to miss some... curious, would it be possible to have the options panal open to a larger screen? - I might have noticed all the choices easier if it opened to a larger window - and also to not have it minimize the gadget itself so you can see options in-effect as you choose them?)

Sorry, this is all predefined by the gadget engine. It is not configurable, so there is nothing I can do to change it.

stangowner said:
So an example running 4 gadgets might look something like this:

- Nick

Nick: out of curiosity, what's the hard drive gadget used in the screen shot? That info isn't in HWINFO64, so it's a third party thing, with a similar UI, right? Any idea where I might find it?

:huh: - Light

lightsource said:
Nick: out of curiosity, what's the hard drive gadget used in the screen shot? That info isn't in HWINFO64, so it's a third party thing, with a similar UI, right? Any idea where I might find it?

:huh: - Light

LOL, sorry for the confusion.....but good catch. That picture is from April 2010 using RivaTuner with several monitoring plugins. It was taken before this gadget was available for HWiNFO. I believe the disk data was coming from the PerfCount plugin. I just used the pic as an example for multiple gadgets as it was already on my webserver. So you are right, its not HWiNFO data in the picture. And RT is no longer developed. You'll have to ask Martin for an enhancement to HWiNFO if there are numbers that you care about missing. Sorry.

How do you create a 2nd or even 3rd instance?

When I try and install a second one it wants to replace the current one.

Thanks

Back