Ryzen 7950x3D + MSI X670E ACE - MHz incorrect

UdoG

Fresh installed Windows 11, all BIOS setting default.
Is this normal that the max. MHz is around 5300 on some cores? I thought it should be around 5700 MHz on one or more cores?

IMG_0360.jpg

I have the same CPU and Mainboard. I've observed few times (it is rare) a strange behaviour where the CPU temperatures goign up from e.g, 65°C to 97°C (CPU Tctl) withn 1,5 seconds up and back without the other values arround would showing plausibility that this can be real, like the CPU temperature from Nuvoton. I saw also - (negative) temp values or 0°C values.
For the moment i just ignoring it.

Fresh installed Windows 11, all BIOS setting default.
Is this normal that the max. MHz is around 5300 on some cores? I thought it should be around 5700 MHz on one or more cores?

View attachment 8945
I can't confirm the clock issues, it seems to be correct here. If you want, i can check more with you. I assume you also have the only existing BIOS for X3D CPUs, 1.64.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 221820.png

Ask me what you need and I'll give you the info you need.

What I see is that Ryzen master shows higher frequencies than hwinfo.

When hwinfo shows 4.6GHz Ryzen master shows 5.0GHz and it seems that the Ryzen master values are more realistic.

And what values are shown in HWiNFO as Effective Clock?
You might also try to enable the "Snapshot CPU Polling" option in HWiNFO, that should give the same clocks as in RM.

I can see ~4.9 GHz Effective Clock and ~5 GHz Clock maximum in HWiNFO on the above screenshot.
What's your BCLK? Can you attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis?

Last edited:
ok effective clock seems correct when I put some load on the CPU...
but is it correct that is shows such a low frequency?
1.2MHz?
2.9MHz?
ecc. ecc..

1696974784524.png

thanks!!!

Last edited:
Yes, in idle it's correct. It's explained here in detail:

So there is no problem, it's only my fault and my ignorance. Sorry Martin and thanks for your Uber awesome work and for your kind support. I really, really appreciate it.

Back