Shared Memory Viewer "Failed to connect to HWiNFO"

FawltyMotors

Hello!

I keep getting an error in the Shared Memory Viewer saying "Failed to connect to HWiNFO". However, HWiNFO64 v5.12 is running and "Shared Memory Support" is enabled. Currently running the HWiNFO 3.0.0 plugin.

I also tried installing the v5.13 beta but that didn't work either. What am I missing? :huh:

RE: Shared Memory Viewer "Failed to connect to HWiNFO"

Are you sure you have the sensors enabled? Try right clicking on the HWiNFO icon in the notification area and click sensors. I'm not 100% sure but I think they aren't enabled by default. In the settings you might need to tick "Show sensors on startup" and "minimize sensors on startup". Also "minimize sensors instead of closing" can help stop accidental closing.

Hope that helps.

RE: Shared Memory Viewer "Failed to connect to HWiNFO"

illogik said:
Are you sure you have the sensors enabled? Try right clicking on the HWiNFO icon in the notification area and click sensors. I'm not 100% sure but I think they aren't enabled by default. In the settings you might need to tick "Show sensors on startup" and "minimize sensors on startup". Also "minimize sensors instead of closing" can help stop accidental closing.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, sir! You were right on the money. I didn't have either of those options ticked. Thanks for taking the time!

Now on to updating sensor IDs! Yippee!

Thanks to the forums here, I've put an end to a long-standing, unresolved problem!
I really... suffered for a long time.

So glad I found this forum!
Thank you!

Back