"Show in Tray" settings won't stick

Hood

I've been using this program with great success through several builds, and it's sensor data has always been very reliable, more so than any other program, and it's always up-to-date on the latest hardware. My only problem has been inconsistent behavior of the saved settings, in particular, when restarting, it doesn't remember to "add to tray" the 6 sensors that I want displayed there. It worked fine before, always showing the icons after the program started. I had the same problem a while back, using hw64_406, and when I updated to 408, it started showing the icons again every time the program started. Just now I tried 410, but problem persists. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? It's not a Windows setting, I have it set correctly in Windows.

Once you setup your tray icons in HWiNFO, it is important that you close the program using the "Close & Save" button (or "Quit & Save" in case of Sensor-only mode). Only then, your settings are saved. Also, please check in the Configure section if you have "Remember Preferences" option enabled.
Moreover, these settings are saved under the current user account in Windows, so if you maybe switch the user, you need to configure them again.

Martin said:
Once you setup your tray icons in HWiNFO, it is important that you close the program using the "Close & Save" button (or "Quit & Save" in case of Sensor-only mode). Only then, your settings are saved. Also, please check in the Configure section if you have "Remember Preferences" option enabled.
Moreover, these settings are saved under the current user account in Windows, so if you maybe switch the user, you need to configure them again.
Thank you so much, I guess I totally missed the obvious - that explains why it worked for a while, because I have used the "Quit & Save" button before, but didn't realize
that it was necessary to save the settings. Thanks again...

Back