SSD show 3 drive Temperatures, 1 is 54c, 2 is 65-70c, 3 is 54c. Idle/light load. Gaming laptop

AndrewM

Hi!
I have a question.

My nvme SSD show 3 drive Temperatures, 1 is 54c, 2 is 65-70c, 3 is 54c. Idle/light load. Gaming laptop

What one is the nand temperature? both 1 and 2 say this: (Current temperature of the NAND flash media).

I saw on the internet that NAND shouldn't exceed 70-75c but i don't know what temperature to monitor, Drive 1 temperature stays below 65c, so it should be alright i guess. I'm worried about Drive 2 temperature.

WD SSD

Asus rog g16

Thanks for help!

The image below is with my cooling stand on. Drive 2 still 10c hotter

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-15 221524.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 221524.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 7
Different vendors use different meaning for temperatures and it's not always possible to accurately determine the meaning.
But we can safely assume that if there's a value higher than the others, then it's the temperature of the ASIC controller.

Different vendors use different meaning for temperatures and it's not always possible to accurately determine the meaning.
But we can safely assume that if there's a value higher than the others, then it's the temperature of the ASIC controller.
Thank you very much! The weird thing is Drive 3 temp says it is ASIC controller. But Drive 3 temp is the same as Drive 1 temperature. I guess Drive 2 temp is the real ASIC Temp.

Yes, HWiNFO uses such naming as that's the layout for almost all drives.. with a few exceptions like yours.

Yes, HWiNFO uses such naming as that's the layout for almost all drives.. with a few exceptions like yours.
My ssd is SN560, you can't find it for sale. I guess ASUS used a custom ssd or something. Anyway, Thanks for help and have a nice day, Martin!

I own a LENOVO Yoga 920 and the SSD ASIC Controller's temperature is marked in red.
The lady at Samsung's hotline could not find detailed data about the installed SSD (model in screenshot). I was told the drive is a customized version. She recommended to contact LENOVO for details. The answers I received from LENOVO engineers in their forum were disappointing across the board. So I relinquished to ask them.
Regarding the Samsung SSD 980 Pro it was stated that high temperatures are okay. In order to protect the SSD beginning with 91 °C it limits the heat by throttling the speed.
Is this valid also for earlier SSDs from Samsung? https://www.pcgameshardware.de/SSD-Hardware-255552/Tests/Samsung-SSD-980-Pro-Test-1358542/

Attachments

• SSD_zu_heiß_mit_Kopfzeile.jpg
    SSD_zu_heiß_mit_Kopfzeile.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3
Back