Starting HWiNFO with Windows 10

Axel Slingerland

Hello,

How do you get HWiNFO 7.66-5271 to run when Windows 10 is started? I checked the box for Main Settings > Auto Start, but it doesn't start. I have to run it manually, and quite often I forget to do that. Due to some quirk on my laptop (which has a number of them) if I have my external drive running, I have to disable it before it will start.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Ax

Check in Windows Task Scheduler if there's a HWiNFO task. If yes, try to run it manually from there if it starts.
If it's not there, try to enable Auto Start in HWiNFO until you see the task created.

I found it in the Task Scheduler, but it was disabled. So I enabled it and restarted, but it still wasn't working. Then I saw in the Task Scheduler settings that it showed the location of the program as being in my Downloads folder, which is not where I installed it. So I edited the path and restarted again. Now it says it's running, but it wasn't displaying the CPU temperature on the taskbar anymore. Then I realized that the reason it wasn't was due to a rookie mistake. I thought "Remove" was your way of saying "Exit" or "Close", I see now that is not the case. It's working fine now.

Thank you, Martin!

Back