Stuttering in games.

Kol12

Is there anything particular being monitored in HWiNFO known to cause stuttering in games? I've narrowed my stutters in the game Division 2 down to what I think is HWiNFO or the OSD RTSS plugin causing them. The game runs stutter free without HWiNFO running. I don't think it's been this bad before, I've always run HWiNFO in the background but it definitely appears to be causing some stuttering issues currently. Any ideas? Could it be something in the newer HWiNFO versions?

There can be some reasons - monitoring of certain sensors can cause this if the drivers are causing higher delays.
Try to disable monitoring of certain sensors in HWiNFO (hit Del key over the heading) and see if disabling one of them is causing it. I'd start with the Disk SMART, ASUS EC (if present) or GPU sensors first.

I can check in pubg tomorrow. I usually play with afterburner(+rtss) +evga precision xoc +argus monitor+aida and don’t notice any stuttering

It depends on what kind of sensors is present in the system.
Reading some of them can cause higher latency which results in such stuttering.

I think it's definitely something in Asus EC sensors or EC as a whole (for me), but I also wonder if it could be the HWiNFO plugin with MSI Afterburner and putting EC Sensors into the RTSS OSD. Does this all sound possible/likely?

Last edited:
@Martin My selected EC Sensors (OSD RTSS tab) are still showing in the MSI Afterburner RTSS OSD despite the HWiNFO plugin being unchecked in Afterburner's settings. Is this abnormal?

@Martin My selected EC Sensors (OSD RTSS tab) are still showing in the MSI Afterburner RTSS OSD despite the HWiNFO plugin being unchecked in Afterburner's settings. Is this abnormal?
That's normal. There are 2 ways how to display values in RTSS:
1. Either you use the HWiNFO plugin in MSI AB to pull data from HWiNFO, or
2. You select values in HWiNFO to be shown in RTSS, which are then pushed into RTSS
I suppose, you're using the 2nd option and that's why they show up there.

That's normal. There are 2 ways how to display values in RTSS:
1. Either you use the HWiNFO plugin in MSI AB to pull data from HWiNFO, or
2. You select values in HWiNFO to be shown in RTSS, which are then pushed into RTSS
I suppose, you're using the 2nd option and that's why they show up there.

Do you know what the active data sources are under the setup of the HWiNFO plugin in MSI AB? These are not sensors I remember adding myself. I actually don't know if I've ever been into that setup menu.

HWiNFO plugin.png

Back