cannot expand summary window.
see png

Attachments

• DESKTOP-4NB88KG.HTM
    168.5 KB · Views: 2
  • chopped.png
    chopped.png
    97 KB · Views: 19
Are you perhaps running HWiNFO in Compatibility mode, or with custom High-DPI settings ?
HWiNFO is High-DPI aware and it should work well on such systems (using display resolution scaling), but if you change the compatibility settings, this could cause such issues.

Martin said:
Are you perhaps running HWiNFO in Compatibility mode, or with custom High-DPI settings ?
HWiNFO is High-DPI aware and it should work well on such systems (using display resolution scaling), but if you change the compatibility settings, this could cause such issues.

No. but fixed with this setting see attached. Now grainy but not chopped.

Attachments

• compatibilty.PNG
    compatibilty.PNG
    35.8 KB · Views: 18
Dasboot said:
Martin said:

No. but fixed with this setting see attached. Now grainy but not chopped.

ips monitor 1920 x 1200 n  NVidia 960 gtx win 10 pro 64 1709 rs3

It should not be grainy, but sharp.
What scaling does your display use ?
Will switching the Override High DPI scaling to Application help?

Martin said:

1920 x 1200               125% DELL U2415
USING APPLICATION SUMMARY IS CHOPPED AS IT IS WITHOUT COMPATIBILITY USED.
NOT THAT BAD (GRAINYNESS) LIVABLE
Must be partially caused by video card as my work machine has a 2560 x 1440 at 150% monitor and does not need compatibility to display full summary.

Martin said:

I have the exact same problem on Windows 10 LTSB 1607
I am missing the option to set the override via context menu in compatibility tab.
So i was forced to set it via the registry.

There are 3 available options that can be set in the registry. Here is more information regarding that.
https://superuser.com/questions/1230346/overriding-high-dpi-scaling-from-the-command-line/1230356
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...pi-scaling-on-windows-8-1-the-enterprise-way/

Sideupload of screenshot, because the php code broke even though the picture size was under 500kb: https://imgur.com/a/099Je
(cropped on here)

I think this could be easily resolved by making the window sizeable (or at least an option that makes it sizeable).
It is not dpi aware on the windows but only on text. Which makes the text sharp but not viewable since the window doesn't recognize the dpi scaling.

[attachment=2602]

My scaling is a custom scaling of 170%.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    93.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    170.1 KB · Views: 5
Well, this is really interesting because I'm not sure why this is happening..
Can you please try to revert to original options so that the summary screen will be chopped and then disable the "Remember Preferences" option in HWiNFO to see if that will fix it ?

Martin said:
Well, this is really interesting because I'm not sure why this is happening..
Can you please try to revert to original options so that the summary screen will be chopped and then disable the "Remember Preferences" option in HWiNFO to see if that will fix it ?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Ok. I'm amazed and confused that this worked so controllable :D :huh: .

It is the "Remember Preferences" option that breaks the window somehow. I can replicate it as soon as I activate/deactivate it. If it is not active the window isn't chopped and works perfect.

Do you want the debug file or does that give you enough information? Curious to know, it is kinda stuck at the loading screen when "enumerating buses". Not sure if it is supposed to be that way.

[attachment=2603]

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    157.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the feedback. That means the newly introduced feature, which is preserving window position of the summary window is the problem.
But I'm quite puzzled by this because I tested this on several machines with scaling and haven't seen such a problem.
Please try the following: click the "Reset Preferences" button and then enable "Remember Preferences" again. On the first run it should be OK, then please close HWiNFO and start again. Will it be chopped now ?

[quote pid='16688' dateline='1515179751']
MartinThanks for the feedback. That means the newly introduced feature, which is preserving window position of the summary window is the problem.
But I'm quite puzzled by this because I tested this on several machines with scaling and haven't seen such a problem.
Please try the following: click the "Reset Preferences" button and then enable "Remember Preferences" again. On the first run it should be OK, then please close HWiNFO and start again. Will it be chopped now ?
[/quote]

Ah. I think I found the culprit. So resetting and remembering works. Until I change the dpi again, then hwinfo "remembers" the old dpi setting since this is what it's supposed to be doing. Thus the window gets chopped.

I increased my dpi for this test to 200% after resetting and remembering at 175%. Now it gets chopped by about 25%.
I'm not sure how you would implement this feature. Hwinfo needs to somehow recognize that the dpi scaling has been changed/reset. Then I think the problem might be resolved.
Or I think if it is not used somewhere else, just not save the dpi setting and let it calculate it each time? So never remember this feature.
I'm not sure what you use to build hwinfo but within c# you could also utilize autosize/autoscale
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.form.autosize.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.containercontrol.autoscalemode.aspx

Or of course wmi/.Net, but you might get different results with different hardware configurations.

Hope that helps :D

[attachment=2604]

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    418.6 KB · Views: 5
Ah yes, that explains it ! If you close HWiNFO with a certain DPI scaling and then change it, HWiNFO restores the window to coordinates based on previous DPI setting.
Let me think about how to solve this...

So any chance you found a solution? I regularly switch between a 4k tv (225% scaling) and a 1440p monitor (100%). I have just gotten to the point where I only use HWinfo on the TV because I use it slightly more because I have the whole page perfectly filled with my graphs (yes pretty bad OCD) and if I open it on the 1440p monitor it is waaaay out of wack. Somtimes the graphs are even hidden off the screen but its a huge mess. I would love to be able to open my sensors on both screens. Any time you take to read this is much appreciated. Love the program, thanks.

I don't know how to solve such situation universally as when you switch monitors, the item coordinates become completely different and some of them might end up outside the range.
Probably the best solution would be to create 2 different configurations for each monitor and save them using the "Backup User Settings" into a reg file. Then when you switch monitors, you just launch the respective reg file to apply the settings into registry. Perhaps this could be somehow automated using some 3rd party tool.

I really appreciate your time and I will definitely give that a shot. That makes a lot of sense if I'm understanding this correctly, just click on the corresponding backup and it changes the registry back to those settings. So each time I switch monitors I just load those settings into the registry and boom, perfectly spaced out graphs. Thanks, again.

Back